• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 20.0.7 - bug not fixed

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may I ask, why posts of customers get deleted as spam, if they complain that bugs are not corrected in updates - and one is unable to deliver images to customers ????
Is that really the best, one can get?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the problem you are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

banding on every image created with "merge with hdr pro", adobe is aware of it, has recognised it as bug after hours of support - and promised to eliminate it, with the update. 

unfortunately, they didn't - not a single hdr-image is usable - and if one complains here, the message is deleted as "spam".

its not a minor bug, but a major one, other users are also affected. but i am only a customer, so nobody cares, if i can fullfil my orders to customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

"may I ask, why posts of customers get deleted as spam"

Deleting posts is impossible for the volunteers with this new forum software. If they are moved to Spam, we can still see that. The last post I see for you is from February 2019. What was deleted?

"one is unable to deliver images to customers"

Are you trying to post or receive an image?  If you are posting, use the Insert Photos button. If you are the customer and we can't "deliver" an image to you, please clarify, as I am confused by what you are asking here.

"bugs are not corrected in updates"

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

If it's a Catalina bug, Adobe has fixed some things with the .7 update. None of the bugs introduced by Catalina are in the earlier operating systems.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my post today was deleted, marked as spam, i asked jeff for help, as he did so in feb 2019

did not post an image.

so, does your post tell me, that adobe support is blatantly lying, if they promise, that bugs will be fixed in the next update. or that i am telling fairy tails here? very kind.

this is an original quote of adobe support, when they closed my support ticket:

we tested at my end, discussed your issue with my senior level. They were also able to reproduce the issue.

And this is already reported as a bug to our Engineering Team they are working on it and will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Unfortunately you need to wait until the next release.

and:

Yes we have double checked it and it is a bug which will be fixed in the upcoming release. The release is soon but the date is not predicted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is your complaint? The original bug? Not getting an immediate fix? Getting a post marked as spam?

Its possible that your post was not in keeping with community guidelines, in which case yes it would be removed.

If its a known issue, you have to just be patient. Adobe will likely have new releases at MAX in a week. Just because it wasn't ready for the quick bugfix is no reason to be angry.

Let this be a lesson- don't make changes to your computer without testing, if its that mission-critical. You can get an external USB drive cheaply and install on that for testing without touching your production software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Jane said, on these new forum, we can't delete a message, nor are we suppose to, if we could, for a complaint. We actually want post like that so Adobe knows what is wrong and hopefully will fix the bugs. This new web software does have some odd automatic censoring algorithms. Like it won't allow the word D-O-M in a message. Still trying to figure that one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course, my message was not deleted as spam although the message in my browser said so, after about an hour.

although i received a confirmation mail for my post and post is gone now

Von: Adobe Support Community Mailer
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2019 16:40

and also adobe did not promise to fix the bug it acknowledged.

i am only dreaming and lying and made up the comments above out of my support ticket and a ghost sent me the email-confirmation for my post. i really deserve no credibility 

are you really serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, never heard of that happening, not that I would be surprised with this new software. Like I said, it's got some strange algorithms. Just stating that it's not Adobe's policy to delete messages, unless they contain spam: selling things etc. I would be interested to see what your post contained, word for word. Maybe even try reposting it to see if it disappears again. We certainly aren't doubting you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck has a good idea to try reposting the message.

With the old forum software, messages could be deleted, but we’ve been told they can’t be now. If it was moved to Spam, moderators such as Chuck and myself could still see them when we click your profile.

So yes, please repost and put the link in this thread so we can find out what is going on. Also, post any error messages and confirmation messages. Do not include personal information such as email, address, phone.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets forget it, it was a mistake to post here. and really, under normal circumstances, i would not care too much about one deleted message.

as i learnt and the conclusion will be:
- it is my fault, if messages are deleted as spam. but really messages are never deleted.

- it is my fault, if photoshop has bugs that prevent me from using it. 

- it is my fault, if i believe the support team, that they will ever fix it. they never to so in an update.

- it is my fault, that i installed the new os version. although according to the os-supplier the security update has to be installed  and adobe advocates the same - even forced me to do so, while the support-ticket was open

- and previous ps-versions also don't work

yes indeed, i learnt a lot. thanks for the constructive help, without doubting me.

and now, you may delete  as i will not return. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we are not saying it’s your fault. We’re just trying to gather information so we can best help you. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I just arrived here, because I look for support. I came back from holiday and cannot generate acceptable hdr-photos using both methods in Photoshop or Lightroom. The problem is massive banding. 

I found this thread, which seems exactly what I also experience and probably the original poster here as well:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/merge-via-HDRpro-in-Photoshop-problems-with-images-having-e....

I conclude, that usually the community is helpful, but I cannot get any solution now as it is an error in Photoshop. 

This is where I start to have a problem with this thread. I am only a mediocre hobby photographer, that has invited some friends next weekend to a good old slideshow. I took many image-series zu generate hdr-photos. I now have to decide to leave them out, or download another program to get at least some hdr-photos to show off. ok, it seems the way it is, although neither nice nor comfortable.

Reading this thread here, we obviously have a real proff with real commissions and real clients and he/she has, i guess, to do his commissions on time. And I assume, there is some pressure in the market to keep clients happy. Usually support of the community seems very good here. But according to the reaction above here, nobody seems to be in such a position or does think of it as problematic. I assume, as a proff you need functioning and reliable tools, to get your job done. Imagine, if this is not possible over a lengthy period.

From my point of view, i cannot understand why his (and mine) problem are ridiculled here and also Adobe does not provide a timely solution for an error, that immobilises a complete Part of Photoshop.

Indeed I do think, that another softwarecompany would provide a quick fix or patch too not leave its users sitting in the rain. just my 2 cents.

best, Margret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I've not seen anyone's posts ridiculed in this thread.

There is a spam filter but that is not run by moderators. Moderators cannot delete posts. We can mark a post for staff to look at, and we would do so on the basis of the forum rules being broken , not for complaints against Adobe or for complaints about bugs. We raise bug reports, and occasionally complaints,  too.

I've never seen Adobe commit to fixing something by next update. I'm not suggesting the OP was not told that, but on the bug reports that I have raised and that have been fixed the process goes through testing for reproduction, development, testing of both the fix and its impact on other parts of the application and then scheduling for release.

The best place to raise a bug report is at the link below - which is monitored by the developers, but does need a good clear description of the reproducable steps involved, and the system on which the issue is occuring,  if those developers are going to have a chance at reproducing it and fixing it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines