• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 and Wacom Intuos Art (OSX)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone plz help, I updated to Photoshop CC 2017(Mac), after that Wacom Intuos Art tablet express keys not working only pen and pressure working. Even I tried WhiteWindowWorkaround plugin but no results.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

The problem with understanding the path drivers Wacom. Create a new folder named Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 and copy app Photoshop CC 2017. Rename it to CC 2015. In driver settings specify the path to the new application and make it for your own settings. Now your Photoshop CC 2017 works. Crazy, but it works!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have experience with the Mac, but have you checked for a later driver from Wacom?  If you already have the latest driver, uninstall it and reinstall to give it a chance to find CC 2017 and focus it's location.   

I'd be inclined to wait a wee while before reinstalling the driver though, in case someone with first hand knowledge of your OS comes to the thread.  We need to know what version of OSX you are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u Trevor for the reply,

I have the latest Wacom driver and other apps its working perfectly and also I did complete reinstalled photoshop cc 2017 and Wacom driver but the issue stays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem and solved it by doing the following steps:

1. I unplugged my tablet

2. Uninstalling the Wacom driver with the Wacom-Tablet Utility program found in the Wacom folder in your App folder. I uninstalled first all settings for all users, then I uninstalled the tablet software.

3. Restart my Mac

4. Re-Install the latest Wacom driver

5.  Restart my Mac

6. Plug in Tablet

7. Re-program (what I did) or re-install settings from Wacom cloud

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David but I've already done these procedures nothing worked(recommended by Wacom Support), even I uninstalled all Adobe apps but still its photoshop issue and also wacom not concentrating on their less expensive products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, but it happened when I crossed over to Photoshop CC 2015.5 on MacOS Sierra. All the express keys stoped working as did the pen pressure. I also have an Wacom Intuos (Photo/Small) which I use any time I bring my photos from Lightroom into Photoshop. I spent weeks communicating with Wacom support, trying to discover the root of my issue. We tried the latest drivers, rolling back to old drivers, and everything in between. I tried creating new application specific express keys for CC 2015.5 but nothing restored the functionality.

Oddly though, it appeared to be a Photoshop issue. All my Lightroom specific express keys worked flawlessly. What I ended up doing was rolling back to Photoshop CC 2015 on my own and the issue was fixed. Wacom support said they'd added the issue to the list of fixes for the next driver release, but I've been hesitant to update to Photoshop CC 2017 for this very reason. They haven't provided great driver support so far, so I'm not shocked that your tablet isn't working with CC 2017.

What I can tell you is that Photoshop CC 2015, MacOS Sierra 10.12.1, and Wacom driver 16.3.17-5 are working with my Intuos. CC 2015.5 is what broke the express keys. Since you have Adobe CC, you might want to try rolling back to an older release of Photoshop like I've done. Broken express keys severely hinder my workflow so for now I'll be sticking with my current configuration. Seems like transitioning between versions can cause some big issues. I might give what DavidSpieth​ did a try and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes bro, U r correct. This issue is happened when switching from 2015.5 to 2017 version. Okay I should rollback to 2015.5 again to continue my work. Wacom is extremely unhelpful because Intuos is a less expensive one. I m getting reply for a bug after 3 months from Wacom.

Thank you GRCOUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar conflict problem between Sierra (10.12.1) and PS 13.0.6.  In my case since I down loaded Sierra none of my keyboard short cuts will function on PS; the shortcuts work with ALL of my other apps (Microsoft Office, Lightroom, Acrobat Pro, Affinity Photo, etc).  To further confuse the issue, when I first try to open an image in PS and see the Camera Raw 9.1.1 window, the short cuts work, it is only after I select "Open Image"and the image opens in PS do the short cuts ceased to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with understanding the path drivers Wacom. Create a new folder named Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 and copy app Photoshop CC 2017. Rename it to CC 2015. In driver settings specify the path to the new application and make it for your own settings. Now your Photoshop CC 2017 works. Crazy, but it works!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get your tablet and pen to work in photoshop 2017 on mac. plug in tablet system>preferences>ink> uncheck handwriting recognition, allow me to ink in any application, and show ink window. Should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to grcouch and other people trying to rectify my issue. As grcouch said Wacom not updating properly their drivers properly. богданс32134874 Bro its worked from your trick ... Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know if you solved your problem with Wacom issue. I was trying to find the solution here but failed.
However, I figured it out myself and would like to share with you.

1. go to Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Locals/zh_TW (I'm from Taiwan, yours must be different~no worry there's just one folder here)

/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

2. you'll find the file "Default Keyboard Shortcuts.kys"

3. just double click on the file

4. then you'll find all ExpressKeys are back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know if you solved your problem with Wacom issue. I was trying to find the solution here but failed.
However, I figured it out myself and would like to share with you.

1. go to Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Locals/zh_TW (I'm from Taiwan, yours must be different~no worry there's just one folder here)

/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac

2. you'll find the file "Default Keyboard Shortcuts.kys"

3. just double click on the file

4. then you'll find all ExpressKeys are back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines