• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony DSC-RX100 vi - import raw files in CS6?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Sony DSC-RX100 vi and I cannot open the raw files in my CS6 programs (Bridge, Photoshop).  I have updated the programs, and it still will not recognize the files.  Forum entries from August 2018 seem to indicate an update was forthcoming for Lightroom, which I expect would have also meant an update was coming for Photoshop, but apparently not.

Any intel on when the CS6 software will be updated to recognize raw files from this camera (or will it)?  Anyone have a recommendation for a workaround?  The Sony image processing software is terrible and will only allow me to export the raw files as TIFs, which I would prefer not to do.

Thanks,

Boa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The RX100 VI was first supported in Camera Raw 10.5 (released Oct 2018) which is only compatible with Photoshop CC.

CS6 cannot be updated beyond Camera Raw 9.1.1 so you'll never be able to open Raw files from that camera in CS6.

Options:

1. Join the Cloud and open the Raw files in Photoshop CC, or
  2. Free option: download the free Adobe DNG converter and convert all Raw files to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in CS6. An extra step for you but no extr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The RX100 VI was first supported in Camera Raw 10.5 (released Oct 2018) which is only compatible with Photoshop CC.

CS6 cannot be updated beyond Camera Raw 9.1.1 so you'll never be able to open Raw files from that camera in CS6.

Options:

1. Join the Cloud and open the Raw files in Photoshop CC, or
  2. Free option: download the free Adobe DNG converter and convert all Raw files to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in CS6. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines