• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for CS5 - RAW driver update

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have owned a version of CS5 since 2011.  All worked well, and with my ability to process images using PS RAW drivers. I'm thinking that over time, auto updates had taken place on my computer in the background, to keep the RAW CR2 drivers current.

I had to replace my hard drive last week, and when I did, I had to reinstall CS5 (64-bit) from the disc.

It loads the 6.0 version of RAW plug-in.

My problem comes from this version of RAW, where it is not compatible with my Canon 60D CR2 RAW files.

Adobe PS CS5 is looking for at least the v6.7 plug-in to process RAW.

I try to update through Adobe Application Manager, but nothing takes place with the update on my computer. In fact, I continue to get an error message to close Adobe Bridge CS5 before continuing. Adobe Bride is not even open, but something is not being recognized and so the update cannot be completed.

I own Adobe LR5 and all works fine with RAW processing there. When I try to move a LR image to PS I still get the error message looking for a current, updated version of a RAW plug-in.

So my question becomes, how do I update CS5 to get the most current RAW plug-ins, so that I may continue using CS5? Does Adobe still support this update?

Thank you,

Edward Hamilton

Roanoke, VA

e3hamilton@cox.net

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Disable Mini-Bridge from the PS preferences or terminate the associated process manually in task manager.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Mini-Bridge from the PS preferences or terminate the associated process manually in task manager.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot find a place to click correct, but I send a thank you to Mylenium for answering my question. It was correct, and his answer solved my problem! Excellent and many thank yous!

Edward H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines