• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVCHD and Premiere Pro CS6

Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1920x1080 AVCHD .mts files hang and stutter on the timeline. I cannot scrub smoothly. My computer uses Windows 10 Pro and has an i5-3450 CPU with 12GB of RAM. My other computer uses Windows 7 and has an i5-4570 CPU with 8GB of RAM. All my HD 1440x1080 .m2t files play smoothly. How can I get the AVCHD files to work in Premiere Pro CS6. I am not upgrading to Premiere Pro CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't.

.m2t is mpeg 2.

.mts is mpeg4 or about twice as hard to decode natively.

you need either a faster cpu or transcode to a less compressed codec to play smoothly, dnxhd,cineform etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely there must be a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no guarantees:

some suggestions for tweaking premiere

Premiere Pro Multicamera lags on my very powerful PC when moving the blue bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Clip > Replace Footage. Browse to the original high-resolution clip that has the same filename as the low-resolution clip you selected, and select it. Click Select.

• Repeat the previous two steps for each low-resolution clip used in the project."

i don't recommend doing 'select' for each file. if you had 5,000 files, that would take about 5 weeks!!...

->It's faster to rename the master folder of the transcode and trick premiere to using the other format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be honest I have Windows 7, & CS6 with i7 CPU 16GB Ram but no Cuda card. I fill up the timeline with .MTS AVCHD footage and I have no problem whizzing up and down the timeline without effort. I can drop dissolves 'n' things on the clips and although they are red and need rendering, they still fly with little effort and will play back in real time. However, I have another PC with Windows 10, Prem CC 2018, an i7, 16gb Ram and a GTX Cuda Card. I drop the same footage on the timeline and it struggles and drops frames like nobody's business! No Red line just Yellow. I have spoken with the Muppets at Adobe who tell me it shouldn't play back in real time?

I know this doesnt help with your problem but would advise maybe upgrade your CPU only! I am sorry I ever advanced from CS6 as I have had nothing but trouble. Adobe even allow you to pay them each month, as long as you do not need any help with anything. Save any monthly outgoings and upgrade CPU, it will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines