• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Version of Adobe Story Vs ClassicCC

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to my consternation I discovered that when I finally got round to using the version of Adobe Story that I purchased in Creative Suite Production Prem CS6 (I worked in general production rather than scripting), well it seems that Adobe have simply stripped the product down to it's bare bones when it went to Creative Cloud and taken away many features paid for in the original purchase. I thought this product when purchased could do production reports and breakdowns. It appears that now this replacement product (Classic) is simply a rather weak word processor for scripting that allows some integration into the editing suite but NO reporting what so ever. If this is true it is very disappointing.

It also appears that this product can only be used online? The previous I believe was available offline too.

Could someone please breakdown for me the features that were provided in the CS6 version (the one paid for in full in Production Prem CS6) and set those up against the features that exist in the current ClassicCC version. I want to see what Adobe decided to take away after I paid for it please?

(PS. Upgrade to CC not needed for general workflow at present).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi WildIndie,

There is no offline (desktop) offering of the new version of Adobe Story. It only works online.

As of now, the new version doesn't have the complete feature set, but we're working on adding features going forward. You can keep a track of all the new features here: New features summary for the 2017 release of Adobe Story CC

If you wish to share your feedback of the new version with the Product Management, feel free to do so here.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest issues I've come across are a lack of a quick-format menu, auto-spellcheck, and no PDF export.

I've been scratching my head over this rollout to no end; it's like they got halfway through development and gave up. Massive step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan & Baytown 16,

I've responded on your forum threads.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several scripts in the old version that are now not compatible. I used the AV scripts as a story boarding hack. Board on one side, script on the other. The new version will not open the old versions. no matter how I export them or save them. Also the only "scripts" available now are Film, UK TV, Irish TV & Music. No backwards compatibility Sucks Rocks and is completely asinine. I would expect this crap from Microsoft, but not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WildIndie,

There is no offline (desktop) offering of the new version of Adobe Story. It only works online.

As of now, the new version doesn't have the complete feature set, but we're working on adding features going forward. You can keep a track of all the new features here: New features summary for the 2017 release of Adobe Story CC

If you wish to share your feedback of the new version with the Product Management, feel free to do so here.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines