• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mac cant render in OpenCL

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so recently I've had this problem where every time I try to render in GPU Acceleration OpenCL or Metal the render doesn't work. The only way I can render is on software only. I have the newest mac so I dont think the graphics card is the problem. Also I deleted adobe media encoder to make up space, I dont know if that in any way could be whats causing the problem. Please Help thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

-A program would be After Effects or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which newest mac is it?  iMac?  iMac Pro?  Mac mini?  MacBook Pro?  MacBook Air?  MacBook?

Problems with GPU Acceleration are usually a software driver issue.  Since you're on Mac, you'd want to make sure that macOS and Premiere Pro are up-to-date.

Removing Adobe Media Encoder does not free up a whole lot of space.  It just forces you to always export via Premiere Pro.  (On my late 2014 27-inch iMac Retina 5K it takes up just under 4GB.) 

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! I have a macbook pro, I just tried updating premiere, hopefully that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you can't set OpenCL or Metal as options ... or that the GPU isn't being used in renders and exports even though selected in Mercury Acceleration in the Project settings dialog?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, when i set it to opencl or metal the render gives me an error, it only renders for software only but the quality isnt as good as when I have it set to opencl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... I'm not understanding something here. So you can set it to OpenCL or Metal?

This part I'm not understanding ...

when i set it to opencl or metal the render gives me an error, it only renders for software only

You set the Mercury Acceleration for either OpenCL or Metal, and when you render it gives and error message?

And is this in rendering a sequence for playback previews or doing an export of the sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so when I have the render settings like this Screenshot - 526712c73d73ad390be359196a1abec3 - Gyazo  (GPU acceleration OpenCL), everytime I try to render or export the video it gives me this error Screenshot - a47fd9af963de22f242c351338728e5c - Gyazo . The only time that it does not give me this error is when I have the setting on software only as opposed to OpenCL. However, I don't want to use the Software only setting because I feel like it slightly ruins the quality. The last video that I exported, I used OpenCL, I have no idea why all of a sudden it doesn't work. Hopefully my situation is more clear now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is in your Timeline from 00:01:57:05 to 00:01:57:24?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was trying to export the video which is about 2:50 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im sorry I miss read your post , one second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines