• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2020 - Stutter and Incorrect Clipping Render. Maybe VRF Related?

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More comprehensive thread --> Adobe Support Community - iPhone 11 pro x xs 4k 60fps hvec 

Premiere Pro 2020, stuttering on iPhone clips (assume others but that is what I'm using).  Clips appear to overlap themselves inconsistantly.  After trimming a clip and moving the clip into the correct spot in the timeline, the clip that appears in the out render is not the same as the trimmed clip.  

If a clip goes A-B-C and I trim to just the C, after moving the clip shows as A or B.  As well the clip stutters heavily at times.  This appears inconsistant, as when I opened a screen recording app to capture the behavior it cleared.  Going through current forums this may be related to Variable Frame Rate.  However the prior posts indicate a sound de-sync.  In this case I have footage that jumps back to prior frames from within the same clip.

Feels like a compatibility issue or defect.  I am using the same source (iphone) and performing same actions in 2019 did not have this issue previously.  Post 2020 updates for encoder and an update (14 days ago) on 2019, I now have this issue on any files that appear to VRF (Variable Frame Rate)

I am trying to capture a video of it but not having success.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible these are a problem with Variable Framerate? VRF? Anyone know how to confirm if a file is VRF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Anyone know how to confirm if a file is VRF?"

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Z Todd,

I just imported a 60fps HEVC file from my iPhone and it's totally normal. Are you on a PC or something? Have you tried transcoding the file? Is the file really, really long or something?

Thanks,
Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @kp_n7! I'd direct to you this thread; https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/iphone-11-pro-x-xs-4k-60fps-hevc-will-not-work-in-adobe-...

Myself and a few others are still adding updates and comments in hope that Adobe actually pays attention...

The TLDR is; you're not alone, adobe does not see a 'defect' here because VRF is 'hard'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines