• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Serious Error Shut Down

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem I've been having the last few days, but have experienced this on a previous project a year ago. I am able to open my project yet every couple of minutes Premeire shuts down and I receive this message (screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.29.25 PM.png

I am then able to open the shut down project but am forced to create a 'copy' project but even the new copied project continues to shut down.

I'm working on a Mac with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.4 and I've read that other people have had similar problems, but I'm still trying to find a solution for this. It is incredibly hard to work on projects where every 5 minutes it shuts down, sometimes not even keeping my last saves.

Is there any solution or advice on how to solve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import it into another sequence. is it just that one project that crashes?

also permissions issues

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is happening to me too, in multiple sequences in multiple project files, including some that are several months old. It seems to happen to me whenever I try to edit the sequence in any way. For example, dragging a video to the sequence timeline, as well as trying to move something already in the timeline. I already tried reinstalling, I already tried clearing the cache, I already checked the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything mentioned to try and solve the issue and it keeps repeating. Editing anything in Premiere is impossible right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would use the adobe cleaner tool and reinstall all adobe apps. Also, try transcoding first via prelude to prores, dnxhd, cineform before importing into premiere. Once this is done, I believe you'll have to double check your file permissions. And try software renderer to isolate any possible GPU issues.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean in English please???

chrisw44157881 wrote:

i would use the adobe cleaner tool and reinstall all adobe apps. Also, try transcoding first via prelude to prores, dnxhd, cineform before importing into premiere. Once this is done, I believe you'll have to double check your file permissions. And try software renderer to isolate any possible GPU issues.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error "Sorry, a serious error has occurred..." | Open, create project | Adobe Premiere Elements 7

Adobe Prelude CC: Transcoding Media Files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9u6OYbnZg

How to use adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNstuSgwZXk

how to fix mac crashes

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/09/10/premiere-pro-cc-freezing-on-startup-or-crashing-while...

try cuda software render only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aW12tw1kFM

other things to try:

1. delete your preferences  ALT+SHIFT held down (on Windows), or OPT+SHIFT mac while reopening premiere.

2. remove In and Out marks set before dragging footage onto timeline

3. voiding using the Morph Cut transition

4. close Chrome and all its services

4. update gfx drivers

5. update all adobe software to latest 0.0.x whatever it is.

6. try removing avg antivirus

7. remove all cross-dissolves

8. clear media cache folder

9. import using only media browser

10. check for red giant plugins that need updating

11. import sequence into new sequence might be corrupt

12. remove appnap program

13. Disconnect any third party hardware like monitors (these sometimes crash as dual monitor setups)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone one from the Adobe staff want to chime in for this one? I'm getting these Serious errors at least 6-10 times a day. I'm on El Capitan 10.11.6 with a GTX 770 (drivers and cuda are up to date).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's 2018 and this is still happening...and not answered. I've been getting this same error message multiple times a day for about a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an external monitor that's connected by a Thunder cable? I was having the exact same issues but i've disconnected from the big monitor I use and had no issues since. Only downside is now i'm working on a tiny screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything and it still keeps happening, I can't export my videos, nothing helps. please adobe fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KristenO,

Have you fixed this issue yet? If not, please update Premiere Pro. If so, please let us know.

I have marked the best answer as the correct one since you have not returned to the thread. Anyone else having this issue should make a new post rather than add on to this one.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requies Adobe Premiere Pro CC to shut down..." message several days ago.  A nightmare. Using #3 from the list above solved the dilemma, when I deleted all Morph Cut transitions. I noticed beforehand that none of my Morph Cuts were rendering - they remained "Analyzing in the Background", without change. I thought that was a symptom of the problem, not the cause. 

Can Adobe not work on a diagnosis for, a more specific solution to, this "Serious Error" issuse? I spent many hours on support sites looking for a solution. Or, perhaps, I should be happy that a solution was provided. Anyway, I am relieved and pissed at the same time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines