• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Help topic missing after compiling WebHelp using RH 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, I upgraded two RH 10 projects to RH2019 Classic and then to RH 2019. I then created WebHelp output using RH 2019. Doing this resolved a problem we were having with the Index, Contents, and Search function not working on the Mac. However, we’ve encountered the major problem described below.

Both of our projects include a folder called PageHelp.  This folder contains context-sensitive help topics for each page in the application. There are dozens of pages and, hence, dozens of topics. The .htm files for all these topics appear to be converted successfully, as they are present in a PageHelp subfolder of the Contents folder for the converted project.  However, when I generate WebHelp output for one of my projects in RH 2019, the PageHelp folder for the compiled Help project contains just four of the expected files. When I generatate output for the other one, just one of the expected files is found in the PageHelp folder for the compiled project. See screenshots below. I have searched the Compiled folder and all its sub-folders and the PageHelp .htm files are nowhere to be found.

I assume that .htm source files are modified in some way during the output process, in which case simply copying the .htm files from the source PageHelp folder to the compiled PageHelp folder will not fix the problem. If I'm wrong about that, that would be an easy temporary fix, but I stiil would want to resolve the underlying issue, whatever it is, so that generating WebHelp output works properly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

PageHelp files in project source (55 files)

clipboard_image_0.png

PageHelp files in compiled project (4 files)

clipboard_image_1.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any conditional build tags in play? Are they part of the ToC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2019 all the topics that you want in an output have to be in the TOC. That doesn't mean the user has to be presented with a TOC showing them all. Those you don't want showing in the TOC need to be have the Hide property set.

It's explained in more detail in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh.  That seems like an odd requirement, but it is definitely the case that my PageHelp topics are not in the TOC. I will add them, hide them, then generate output again.  Thanks for the guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand people had been asking for outputs based on what was in the TOC. Now they have it and this is the result.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp