• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

$52 a month!!!!😠

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been a customer for 15 years. If you dont change your handling of subscription prices I will make it my life's goal to convince everyone on here to find better open source solutions to your ridiculous subscription fees. Adobe is no longer accessible, Adobe hates the poor. Adobe is aligned with everything wrong with the world

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I received NO WARNING about an increase in services. Your subscription fee overdrafted the account that it was attached to. I legitimately cannot eat food today because of Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ndaunt (and ADOBE!), this BLOWS I accidentally got myself into the same situation with this damn subscription model. #TL;DR  I quit my job a few months ago and have been trying to freelance to bridge the gap but im currently "balling on a budget" and cant afford the $50+/month at the moment. Then had to buy out of the contract and overdrew my account. I cant even get my old CS6 programs to work (off the CDs that I paid for outright back in college) without it saying i need to upgrade my CC subscription first. Seems unfair to me but I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong. If anyone out there knows how to get their legacy software (CS6 or earlier) to work without paying for CC subscription please please help me out. How do I migrate a serial number that was registered on a now long lost macbook to a new device? I have my old serial number that came with it and the original box with the product code. But its saying my serial number is already registered. I sat on the phone on hold and online chat for an hour or two trying to get assistance but they just emailed me and said my case was closed despite me never getting in touch with anyone from Adobe. Im just trying to make some money off of a few freelance projects using my CS6 so i can afford to reactivate my CC subscription with the profits. Punch me in the throat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Craig, you have to get back in touch with Adobe Customer Care and ask them to "please reset all activations to zero for my serial number xxx."

That should clear your license activation count. Only Adobe can (and should) perform that step for the CS apps.

If you're having difficulties reactivating CS6 on the same machine where CC was previously installed, then see this help page:

Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it sounds like you are in the U.S.?

The increase from $49.99/month $52.99 was announced two years ago in March 2018, and you should have also received personal/direct notification from Adobe as well:

Creative Cloud Price Is Changing: Here’s What That Means for You

This 6% increase is less than inflation. After adjusting for inflation, the current monthly price is still lower now than when Creative Cloud was first launched in 2012.

In any event, there is a way that the one-time price increase can be avoided entirely, as the article above details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry I forgot to check one of the hundreds of spam emails adobe sends out. Also who remembers to prepare for a price change one year in advance. #BADBUSINESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're confirming you did receive at least one email notification from Adobe?

They also typically send an email near the last month of your annual plan, to let you know about renewal and if the pricing has changed. But perhaps you missed that one too.

Price of Creative Cloud "All Apps" plan at initial launch in June 2012: $49.99/month.

Cumulative inflation since June 2012: 12.45% (source)

So the equivalent price of same plan today would be: $56.21

The actual price of same plan today: $52.99

(But, as noted above, even that price increase can be avoided.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The matter isnt the email notification its the price. Even adjusted for inflation its insane. How much do you pay for the service? Or do you get it free for being a resident bootlicker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, clearly it sounds like you thought the price was reasonable at $50/month, otherwise you wouldn't have signed up in the first place...

So you're upset about a $3 price increase, which OK, is half the rate of inflation. In response, you got a tip on how to keep your monthly cost the same as before.

This is a user-to-user forum where people are simply trying to help you out and give polite answers and suggestions. Nobody is forcing you to renew – so if you have nothing further to add, then this case should be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adjusting for inflation is an insane thing to quote for software. Inflation is for when the prices of goods and services go up because MONEY has been devalued. If you took a basic economics class you'll note that technology is deflationary hence Netflix, Spotify, Web Development and or any software service that replaces an industry. Your price increase has very little to do with inflation. Did the cost to write code go up in price, I'm sure that your team didn't get a 10% raise from last year if they did where do I sign up because you'd be the best company to work for. $52.99/month is crazy for a software subscription as has nothing to do with inflation so don't blow smoke up anyones tail pipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hearing you. I keep recieving emails to pay different amounts for subscriptions I dont have! Cant get a straight answer out of them about what exactly I am paying for. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines