Exit

Adobe cancelled my plan

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know the why's and hows of this?

I received an email from Adobe saying:

"We have processed your cancellation request. Your service will end on (todays date)

I go to my account and its true my full CC subscription is no longer. No record of it at all. There is a red bar at the top of the page stating my credit card details need to be updated.

I go to the details and all is as it should be. still two years on the card, nowhere near the limit. address is correct, name etc etc etc.

I would look at the past billing info on the adobe page but as I am no longer a member, I can't do this.

Maybe they are trying to get me to switch to Affinity? 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sadly made the attempt to chat with adobe and the person couldn't wrap his head around it at all. He kept trying to get me to renew an Adobe stock membership. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is public user-to-user forum.  We can't help with billing and activation issues.

Please contact Adobe customer care directly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely understand the nature of this forum, I was not looking for adobe help. I was looking for people with similar experiences who navigated your system. 

I did contact adobe help and it was pointless. He couldn't figure out that my CC subscription had been canceled. I can tell you after looking at my statement that Adobe was happy to take my money on Dec 2 and then deny me access to my CC subscription 3 days later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you attempt to update your CC info?

Have you checked with your bank, CC company, to make sure your card number is still valid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

yah, the card info was correct and they had no problem taking the money, but the mystery is why they would deactivate my subscription. 

Last night I used a different card as the message said that once I update my card info my cc account would be reactivated. (Even though I bet they will now charge me twice!)

I woke up up this morning and still no access and the same message about my card info needs to be corrected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cuzimeasy, I am sorry that you are facing problems managing your membership. Please contact our chat support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html as previously suggested by Nancy.  You will be able to have a private conversation with our support team to resolve or investigate any problems with your membership.

This type of conversation will not occur in a public discussion forum, but only by contacting our support team directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff I'm not having problems managing my membership. Adobe is obviously having trouble managing itself.

I don't know if you have ever had to use your support services, but I can tell you it is almost always pointless. Heck, the ability to access your chat support is a mystery. The link you sent...? I get the support page, but there is no chat link. If I follow a random link on the page and I scroll to the bottom there is a "Contact us...real help from real people" link. That just loops me back to the main customer support page that I just came from. ...yes I have used all the different browsers etc etc etc.

So basically Adobe is running a fraudulent company and is now just stealing my cash and not offering the product.

Fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND not giving me a way to reconcile the problem is just amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to find another way to get a chat started...(through a lucky happenstance) 

I hope the problem is solved, but I have a suspicion I will be billed twice now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cuzimeasy, I am glad you were able to reach our support team. You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your support case if there are any additional charges.

If you find you have problems contacting our support team, or updating your support case, then I would recommend using a different web browser, smartphone, or tablet to begin the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines