Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC isn't recognizing my computer and logs out / shuts down app

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I set up my new computer a few days ago, but every time I start Adobe CC, I need to log in again. It tells me, I've reached the device activation limit and it only can be activated on 2 devices simultaneously, so I need to sign out from one of the three which are displayed. Fact is, it's only activated on 2 devices (my old pc and the new one), but somehow it doesn't remember the new one and adds a third ("this device")!?? When I'm signing out from the new pc (middle one in the screenshot below), it seems to work till the next restart of the computer. Can somebody explain to me what happens here and how to fix it? It's really annoying to login everytime.

I did already reinstall Adobe CC with the deinstaller-tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/at/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html). Didn't do the trick.

Thanks for help!

adobe-cc-problem _support.png

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your account (account.adobe.com)>click plans>manage plans>scroll to the bottom and deactivate the computers.  then sign in on your new computer using your cc desktop app and using the same adobe id used to manage your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I tried this already twice ... unfortunately with no effect whatsoever. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1620223142958.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, since this post is almost a year old, I was wondering if you found a fix? I'm running in the same problem myself and it's driving me craaazy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Unfortunately I haven't found any solution working with Adobe, so my solution was to switch to Resolve with the new computer (...). Hope you can figure it out, I know how frustrating this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you select the "sign out" from the current (new) computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By selecting to sign out of the (new) current computer, it allows me to sign back in. But only for a short period of time. If I completely close the adobe cc app or put my PC in sleep mode, it will log me back out and prompt the same question (sign out of one of the devices...) again. Ive tried the adobe cleaner tool, doing a clean uninstall and reinstall, and even reseting my host file to the default. I'm really not sure what could be causing adobe to not recognize my device (windows 10 PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe also logs me out randomly, even if I don't close the app or go into shut down/sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mgourinc , something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) is interferring with needed adobe files.

start with your credentials manager, How to fix Creative Cloud sign in loop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that it reset itself once I turned back on "Launch Creative Cloud on Login"; upon restarting my PC, it recognized my device and device name again.

My guess is that if doesn't start on login, it loses track with updates and data sync, and starting it again causes a sync error which loses track of your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lovro_X 

thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines