• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Claims I have a non-genuine software while I have an active CC subscription

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently the Creative Cloud Desktop app started to open in a window every time I opened Photoshop. This is not that bad. I did get annoyed by it, as I'm of the opinion that no window should open up if I did not specifically ask for it to open. I tried to find a solution to the pop-up problem, but soon gave up because I don't want to spend time fixing problems that a monthly subscription service has. For a while ignoring the annoying extra window was fine as it opened only in Photoshop and not in other programs I use more often like Lightroom Classic and PremierePro.

Couple of days ago a new pop-up window showed up and this time it was an alert saying,
          "This unlicensed Adobe app is not genuine and will be disabled soon"

What is this? I have an active Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, the Adobe apps installed on this computer have been downloaded through Adobes own Creative Cloud app and as such should be 100% genuine.

The pop-up is super annoying as it opens with a lag. I am normally in flow coming from Lightroom or Premiere to do quick edits in Photoshop when suddenly the program stops responding and moments later the pop-up appears. You can not simply close the pop-up window by clicking the close window button at top right. The only way to close it is by clicking "Learn more" or "Shop offers" witch opens an Adobe web page that needs to be close separately. Time wise this takes litle time, but it is super annoying pulling me out of my work. The 5 day message has not changed in the time I have been seeing it. The first time I saw it was probably more than 5 days ago.

I really hate this. I feel like if I'm paying for a subscription service it should work as advertised with no problems. This grinds my gears extra much as I don't even think Adobe programs should be a subscription. Or at least give the option to buy the programs outright. The only thing in this subscription that feels like a subscription service is the Cloud Storage. And guess what, I don't even use it.

This subscription service mania is getting out of hand, lawmakers really need to introduce some new laws to protect consumers from exploitative subscription services and prohibit companies from using so called dark patterns in their services.

I'll try uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it later when I'm done with the work I'm currently doing. So, I guess I just wanted to rant a bit. Of course if you have experienced similar things and know a solution, by all means share your knowledge.

PS. I had Photoshop open on the background while writing this post and the pop-up opened like 4 times on top of all other programs. So anoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

you're not alone.  contact adobe support and see what they say.  (but if you made a purchase using a 3rd party redemption code or coupon, that's a common problem.)

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not alone.  contact adobe support and see what they say.  (but if you made a purchase using a 3rd party redemption code or coupon, that's a common problem.)

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines