• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is a massive scam

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll I just cancelled my adobe plan because I didn't use it. They tell you they charge you month to month but nowhere during the transaction do they mention that if you cancel early your stuck paying 50% of th total year. What a waste, I'm def never utilizing them for any other projects. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

canceling renewal is not user-friendly.  it can be done without penalty but requires the user to set a calendar reminder and then, on or just prior to the renewal date, cancel.

and contacting adobe support is not obvious, but there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a hu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what you saw on the date you subscribed but it's becoming more and more obvious, there's a fee for early cancellation of annual contracts.  currently, this is the first thing you see after clicking a "buy now" button:

kglad_0-1658756935984.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not obvious enough.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's just the first (and most obvious) warning.

[content edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know they'd updated that! COOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seem to tweak it at regular intervals. I've seen several versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Xhordi253741233xub 

No scam about it.

Where I attended school, ANNUAL = 12 months.  An annual subscription is a 12 month commitment whether you prepay for the entire year or pay in monthly installments. 

To avoid early cancellation fees, you must cancel within the first 14 days of service or wait until your 12 month before it automatically renews. 

Sorry if you didn't read the terms you agreed to.  But you most certainly agreed to them, otherwise you couldn't have downloaded & installed the software. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, Adobe Support, that unlike all credible apps, there is no CANCEL RENEWAL button, and Premiere obliges you make the date of end of contract a date you need PRIORITISE in order to not pay another 250 USD for the next year. That is not a lack of option that a credible, customer-friendly app would have. Then, in my case, the Customer Care/SUpport page says, in the table, that you can resolve billing issues by CHAT or PHONE, but no chat instructions, or phone number can be found on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canceling renewal is not user-friendly.  it can be done without penalty but requires the user to set a calendar reminder and then, on or just prior to the renewal date, cancel.

and contacting adobe support is not obvious, but there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fell for the same scam. I will let every community I am apart of know about this. This is not sustainable I absolutely abhor this business practice. Mark my words they will fail horribly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Niki2886719186ck 

you can complain, but follow the instructions so you have no further canceling problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not sustainable...  Mark my words they will fail horribly. 

By @Niki2886719186ck

==========

• The subscription model has been wildly successful for more than 10 years.
  • Adobe employs almost 26,000 people worldwide.
  • Adobe has 22 million Creative Cloud subscribers worldwide. 

[content edited by moderator]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines