• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is charging me double every month!!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  signed up for an Adobe subscription in November 2019, for $14.99 ($15.93 which includes tax), which is billed to my debit card and taken out of my business checking account. In December I noticed that Adobe had charged me DOUBLE so I contacted a customer service person in chat and they credited me back the 15.93. I didn't even think to check previous months and I naturally assumed that it wouldn't happen again so I didn't check to see if it happened in January. 

But I looked at my bank account balance today and it looks like yet again, Adobe has charged me twice for my February subscription. I looked through old invoices and noticed that they did the same thing in November, December, January. Three months in a row. In December I caught it and got the refund but there is now three months (November, December and now February) where I was charged double. 

I contacted a person in chat and spent 40 mins on the phone with them and they are saying that they are only charging me once. My billing history in my Adobe account shows the once monthly but my bank statements are showing duplicate charges every single month. The agent asked me to send this over to him via email, which I did. I sent screenshots of this which is clearly showing duplicate charges by Adobe and he keeps saying they are only charging me once and to contact my bank. 

This is infuriating that this is happening every single month, that Adobe doesn't seem to want to do anything to figure out WHY this is happening every single month and I have to believe that I am not the only person this is happening to and how many people are getting charged extra every month and how many millions of dollars Adobe is taking from its customers that people aren't even noticing happening.

I'm looking in the community posts and posting on artist FB groups and finding out that Adobe seems to be doing this on a regular basis. Adobe, how hard is it to just not charge your customers extra every month? Am I going to have to do this song and dance every month to ensure that you aren't ripping me off every month?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one here can answer the questions you have. We are all User just like you in this User to User forum system.

So you need to contect Adobe directly and if you use the Chat system Specifically state you need help with Billing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already said in my post, I already did that. I posted here to see who else is having this happen to them and also as another way to document that Adobe is routinely overcharging their customers (which they are, because there are several other threads on the forums about Adobe doing this). 

The rep in chat told me to email him the screenshots of my statements, which I did, which clearly shows I was double charged 4 months straight, every month, for no reason. He tells me that he can't do anything for me because on "their end" they are seeing I was only charged once. I'm not trying to scam Adobe here. My bank statements are clearly showing they are charging me double every month and I have a previous chat history where they DID refund me for the overage in December. 

Adobe has fraudulently charged me over $64 that they had no business charging me. I have to go to my bank to dispute these now, which I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO because it is ADOBE'S FAULT. Adobe needs to trouble shoot and fix why they are apparently very routinely charging their customers more money every month than they are entitled to. 

So if others are having the same issues, the forums here are a good way to let each other know. I didn't notice the overages for months because I wasn't really expecting them to be billing me extra. I can only imagine just how many hundreds of thousands of dollars Adobe is making every year from their customers who have no idea they are being fleeced by Adobe this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat and Agent.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already said, I spoke to an agent. I provided the agent proof that Adobe has been fleecing me every month and the agent tells me they can't do anything for me because "on their end" it shows they only have been charging me once. Well, my actual bank statement shows duplicate charges every single month November-February but they don't want to do anything for me, attempt to figure out why I'm being billed double every month or refund this money back to me that they had no business taking in the first place. Am I going to have to contest the charges with my bank every month until the end of time? That's not my job. That's Adobe's job to make sure they are billing the right amount every month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Community feedback forum which is for forum issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need to contact your bank and whatever company handles your debit card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Adobe case number?  I will ask an Adobe staff member to look into it.

I'm guessing you have a 2nd Adobe plan or account that needs to be cancelled.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

That's the best we can do from this user-to-user forum.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

this is happening to me too is I cant even get through to support. 

super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be better off starting your own conversation instead of making a Nested reply to a thread that is almost 1 year old.

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Call M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me to and there is noway I can get through to their vchat service unless someone can assist.

If I go to cancel they are charging me $75 DISGUSTING by Adobe DAY LIGHT ROBBERY at it's finest. No wonder they are a billion dollar enterprise! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines