Exit

Adobe subscription policy is a robbery [Unhappy with early cancellation fee]

Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have plan bought since 

• Subscribed since Jan 26, 2019

I want to cancel it and  it says that it's early cancellation, and I have to pay extra 30+ USD to cancel.

The question is very simple -

<Profanity removed>? What year annual commitment going to end 2048?

And another one - Isn't this a robbery?

Cancelling plan anyway and dear Adobe - congratulations, you just lost customer .

Good luck with making free money with no added value and I wish one day you lost other you customers. Comparable products are here already.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  ie, you're not addressing anyone from adobe.

but you apparently weren't paying attention when you subscribed because when you subscribe to a lower monthly cost annual plan (which you apparently did), you have 14 days to try it, risk free. 

but after that 14 day period, you're commited to a one year subscription just like an apartment or auto lease. 

here's more info about it, https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html#cancel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to fine adobe support, but they are hiding. 😄

It seems to me that 2019 - end of 2022 is a bit more than 1 year.

Thanks for a link, I've seen it and there are literally no way to exit without a fee...

I'm not going to support piracy and racket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others, if you want to contact adobe support for help:

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com....

p.p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One the subscription starts, it lasts for a single year. At the end of that year, it automatically rolls over to a new subscription for the next year.

Adobe is not counting how many years you've had a subscription from the first year you bought one, they are counting from the most recent anniversary date when it rolled over into a new subscription.

If you want to cancel without being charged a cancellation fee, you have to do so during the last month of the current subscription before it rolls over to the new subscription. If it rolls over, you will be charged the cancellation fee.

In your case, that means you need to cancel the subscription in early January of 2023 to avoid the cancellation fee.

I hope the above explains why Adobe is charging a cancellation fee for the current year of subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

^^^ This, thanks @LinSims.

Adobe's Annual subscription plans run for 12 months at a time and will renew for another year if not cancelled before your annual anniversary date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines