• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Text Notification , could it be Phishing or is it legit?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sends text notifications for  when I have changes in my account or if I need to input a code.  My questions is from what number shall I be expecting these to cone from? I have been receiving them from (201) 351-0048, or (201) 350-8475.  Is this legit? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wouldn't respond to any phone number, especially not a 201 (new jersey) phone number,  when adobe corp is in san jose (a 408 area code).  ie, that's not even a plausible attempt to scam you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real phone number that it would have been sent from is (844) 200-2305, so it is a scam.

see here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/phishing-site-number/m-p/11230927#:~....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use 2-step verification when logging-in to your Adobe Account?   See below

https://account.adobe.com/security

If 2-step verification is ON, you'll receive a text message to your phone with a UNIQUE code.  If it's not enabled, you won't.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe that is what the question is. I am having this problem as well from the same number. I called and support said it is not Adobe. So the best bet for this situation might be to:

1. Change your password

2. Enable multifactor sign on so that you can ensure your safe

3. Block and report as spam the number that is calling

Having called support which was not particularly helpful I realize this is not Adobe's problem but it would be great if Adobe saw this as something worth pursuing to protect its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 of 3 said it was a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to have some clarification on this question. I just ended a support session in which I asked this exact question and the support rep said he was going to ask his associates for more clarity then disconnected from our chat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's unclear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, whether it was confirmed as spam by Adobe. And secondly, how to fix the issue if your getting texts from this number. 

I can't speak for others, but this is the only number I've ever received security codes or account updates from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

contact adobe support for their input if you're sceptical of the posts here.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines