Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggressive sales tactics from Adobe

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Im just finishing up a project where I used alot of Adobe products about to move on to a couple of months in Avid. For some reason I couldnt cancel my monthly subscriptions so I went into the chat to get help. These guys just tried to sell me new stuff again and again - giving me offers. When I replied that I wanted to cancel and not buy anything they just repeated that they needed to know why. After alot of back and forth they cancelled my stuff and then told me that there wouldnt be a fee this time. And I was like: A fee? What fee are you talking about? I have a monthly subscription. We don't have these sales tactic in my country and I don't like it. Is there any better way to handle your Adobe subscriptions where you can avoid these people?

Adobe pioneered the monthly subscriptions at a time where you had to pay over $2000 for a copy of Media Composer. But today they feel far behind Avid when it comes to managing subscriptions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Account...... forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I couldn't find an appropriate category. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's disappointing to hear, but these are user-to-user forums so nothing we can do.  you can make suggestions to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

and you should have been able to cancel your subscription without needing adobe help, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad and thank you for answring.

My question to the other forum users is in the text: "Is there any better way to handle your Adobe subscriptions where you can avoid these people" - I will highlight it in my original post so that others wont miss it.

You second paragraph is not really true since alot of pros out there have had the same problem as me - google it and you will find hundreds of people who cannot cancel their subscriptions or can only cancel their subscriptions the same day as it is automatically renewed. Maybe Adobe is trialing these very aggressive "sales tactics" on some users only? Or it might be something completely different? This is something Adobe has been doing for at least six years. I've used Premiere for 18 years now so at least I know it does not have anything to do with how long you have been a customer but besides that I have no idea why they do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any better way to handle your Adobe subscriptions where you can avoid these people?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you SURE you had monthly subscriptions that can be cancelled without a fee? For example 

Creative Cloud - pay monthly, annual commitment - around $50/month

Creative Cloud - pay month, cancel anytime - around $70/month.

Did you specifically choose the more expensive penalty-free subscription? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 100%

I needed Premiere, Adobe Acrobat DC, AE, and ME for a 3 months project and I always go monthly. It even says monthly on my page ;). I tend to switch alot between Adobe and Avid depending on the project and the customer and I havent done anything but monthly for the last six years after I cancelled my old Avid Symphony when it got obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but which kind of monthly? Both the subscription types I mentioned are monthly. It seems to me Adobe will only charge a cancellation fee on type. I'm trying to figure out if Adobe are being sneaky (talking about cancellation fees, despite your taking the more expensive cancellable plan, which is not the default), or are being generous (by waiving the fees you had commited to)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand? A monthly plan can be cancelled monthly. Right?! Isnt that the whole point of a monthly plan?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean otherwise it wouldnt be monthly. It would be bi-monthly, quarterly or a yearly subscription. My plans are being renewed by the end of june and the beginning of july by the way so there was plenty of time left to cancel it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's an annual subscription paid monthly.  that plan has a fee for early termination and that plan cannot be cancelled early using the info i posted in my original message.

the monthly plan (which has a significantly higher cost than the annual subscription paid monthly) can be cancelled by the user at any time without adobe intervention.

if you had an "all apps" plan, how much were you paying month?  if you had one (or more) single app plans, how much per app were you paying per month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to the 1-year subscription. As I said I had a monthly plan - not the yearly plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you had an "all apps" plan, how much were you paying month?  if you had one (or more) single app plans, how much per app were you paying per month?

or is there some reason you think this information would be misleading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude you have misunderstood.

Adobe have annual plans that can be paid monthly or annualy - if I get a yearly plan I would pay annualy because paying monthly is more paperwork. However I did NOT have an annual plan. I had monthly plans (paid monthly).

I will amuse you so here is what I paid.

AE: 287,00 SEK/mo

Premiere: 287,00 SEK/mo

Accrobat 240 SEK/mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are obviously confusing monthly/annual plans with how they are paid. A yearly plan is ALWAYS renewed annualy however they are paid. On the other hand a montly plan is ALWAYS renewd monthly. There is no room for error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, i agree. you had monthly plans.

it wasn't my intention to aggravate you more than you're already aggravated.  but this thread veered off-topic and i was addressing that.

anyway, you're back to my original post.  and further, if you can't cancel yourself, you have to go through adobe support.  you can only (afaik) do that via chat or telephone.  i'm not sure which you used, but i doubt it would be an improved experience using the other method.  but,  if you want the options:

for telephone, https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

for chat, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

i think the 2nd paragraph answers your, "Is there any better way to handle your Adobe subscriptions where you can avoid these people?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines