• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beware of cancellation scam from Adobe

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to cancel my account, I was given the opportunity to speak with support about why I was cancelling. They offered me 3 months of Illustrator for free. I explicitly asked if I would need to go back into my account after these 3 months to avoid further charges and I was told, no, this was a "goodwill gesture".  Sure enough, when the 90 days was up I was hit with $20.99. I had to go back and forth and around in circles with support to have it refunded. Furthermore, I  noticed a random $1.40 charge that had occurred two days prior to the $20.99 account. I am currently speaking with support about this $1.40 (which they cannot explain, nor are they willing to fix), but I am so angry over these shady business practices that Adobe has lost my business for good. Adobe.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.12.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.12.59 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Are you not aware that the 3 free months is a customer retention incentive to keep you from canceling your subscription? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not aware that the 3 free months is a customer retention incentive to keep you from canceling your subscription? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are absolutely the worst!  They billed me twice this month.  Two days in a row once for $22.46 and the second for $18.18.  I called and they said I was under contract.  I said no I am not I prepaid for one year last October so I should be good until this October.  This was back in July when I couldnt use my adobe so I called and instead of correcting the issue the person signed me up for a monthly plan that I never authorized.  

Trying to cancel is a bait and switch scam.  They send you to 4 different people and you hold for a long time, hoping you will just hang up.  Imagine how many times you see a $15-20 charge on your monthly statement and you think ok ill get around to calling, well they know most people wont bother because they will be on hold for hours and for most people who value their time as I do its not worth it.

It wasnt until going all crazy and demanding I speak to a supervisor, another 25 min hold, he finally said he would cancel the service and refund the past two months charges and that I will be receiving an email shortly confirming that.

I threatened to call my state attorney general and the BBB.  What they are doing is highly illegal. This reminds me of the Enzyte scam years ago.  They made it impossible to cancel and kept billing people.  Finally the US Department of Justice filed criminal charges against the owner and he got sent to prison so maybe if enough people complain the DOJ will take a look into Adobe because its ridiculous.  Another side note I found amusing is if you look their phone number up from your cell, in my case my iphone, and try clicking on the phone number to call, IT DOESNT WORK.  You have to literally write the phone number down and enter in manually, unless you are that good about remembering phone numbers and trust me they dont have an easy number to remember. This is just one more ploy they put into practice to prevent people from calling them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines