• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bloated Nonsense

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is a massive bloated pile of nonsense. It's so bloated that i missed the part about a cancellation fee!? Nice job Adobe. You've trapped me for a year. You can be damn sure i'll be gone for good after that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

This has been taken care of already. I appreciate whatever you're trying to do here but it's fixed. What I saw was something similar minus the mention of a cancellation fee and minus the eye roll emoji. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

software bloat is one issue/topic.  website complaints are a separate issue/topic.

and these are user forums, so adobe's unaware of your post.  however, for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

<moved from cc desktop>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am firmly against providing my credit card details to this service, as there is no guarantee that they will not be misused by third parties. The protection of my personal and financial information is of utmost importance to me, and I will not compromise it by agreeing to fraudulent conditions.

I believe that any company that requires sensitive personal information such as credit card details should provide clear and transparent information on how this data will be used, stored and protected. If a company cannot provide such assurances, then I have no choice but to decline their service.

In conclusion, I value my privacy and security too highly to take any unnecessary risks with my personal information. I will not be providing my credit card details to this service, and will instead seek alternative solutions that prioritize my privacy and security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dan29661479tjfb 

good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paranoia isn't normal.

There are several steps you can take to protect your ID and credit from would-be hackers.

In the absence of a credit card for online transactions, there's not a whole lot you can do except cut yourself off from all the services you would otherwise have access to.  That goes for everything: Streaming media, phone, Internet, online services, online shopping, travel/hotel reservations, Uber, etc.. 

Which is more important?  Being permanently cut-off or actively doing what you like you to do?

If fear & paranoia are holding you back, talk to your healthcare professional.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is a massive bloated pile of nonsense. It's so bloated that i missed the part about a cancellation fee!?

By @Nitz327

=============

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 🙂

The TERMS you agreed to were in front of you when you joined.  You had to check an I AGREE box to download the software.  🙄

image.png

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope that helps.

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Account, Payment & Plan.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot is nothing like where I signed up. I appreciate you taking the time tho to try to rub my mistake in my face, you're a real jewel nancy, a credit to your Adobe overlords. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nitz327 

what did you see when choosing a plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been taken care of already. I appreciate whatever you're trying to do here but it's fixed. What I saw was something similar minus the mention of a cancellation fee and minus the eye roll emoji. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nitz327 

ok. glad the problem's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One example of why it is not always necessary to provide personal information for a trial period is the music streaming service Spotify. Spotify allows users to sign up for a free trial period without requiring them to input their credit card information or other sensitive personal details. Users can simply provide an email address and create a password to access the trial period.

Collecting unnecessary personal information, such as credit card details, can be deemed illegal under the laws of the United States, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. These laws aim to protect the privacy and personal information of individuals and restrict the use of sensitive data.

Therefore, it is important for companies to carefully consider what information they collect from their users, and to ensure that any data collection practices are transparent and compliant with relevant laws and regulations. Companies should also make it clear to users what data is being collected, and how it will be used and stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spotify allows users to sign up for a free trial period without requiring them to input their credit card information or other sensitive personal details.

By @Dan29661479tjfb

This page from Spotify says otherwise:

https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/new-60-days-free-trial-terms-and-conditions/

janee_1-1682980294796.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines