• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel plan auto-renewal without paying fee??!!

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

My current photography annual plan ends in March 27, 2021. How can I cancel the autorenewal? The idea is - like in any subscription system I have ever used - to keep the plan on until the current expiration date, after which it will be deactivated. I followed Adobe's instructions (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/using/manage-auto-renewal-settings.html#Howtoturnoffautore...) but they say that "To turn off auto renewal, simply cancel your membership". This is plain false. If I do this, it considers the cancellation immediate and they end up asking me to pay a £10 cancellation fee. Is my only choice to set up an alarm for March 26th to cancel the day before the end of the current plan? Is this really this ridiculously complicated?

Thanks a lot

A frustrated customer looking for alternatives elsewhere without subscription systems.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, schedule an alert on your phone (or else where) for march 26.  (you actually are supposed to have a 2 week grace period after march 27 during which you should be able to cancel without fees, but i wouldn't chance it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Autorenewal cannot be turned off at all. I don't say this is a good thing. There should not be a cancellation fee if you cancel in the last month of the program. Clearly, if you cancel before the end of the year you have contracted to pay for, there may be costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines