• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation Fee

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEWARE I was pleased to cancel my adobe subscription after endless problems and us the customers being left to support each other. A happy day indded as adobe is falling by the wayside with so many better alternatives like affinity.

However I wasnt surprised that they are milking their customers for cancellation fees - mine was two months £123.00

This makes a little sense if you lease a car but not on a digital product. Typically theres no customer service to contact so we do what we always do and discuss it between ourselves.

It looks like they know its over as the last of the cash rolls in and they stop supporting their software and customers.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Michaeld51708947, I am very sorry that you encountered so many problems utilizing then canceling your Creative Cloud membership.

For future viewers of this discussion, you can use the process listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html to cancel your membership.  If you encounter any problems while canceling the membership then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  Our support team is available to help with acc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, it not only makes sense, it is right and necessary.

When you take a subscription you can choose between (prices approximate)

• Annual, paid monthly ($50)
  • Monthly ($70)

So, someone who wants to be able to cancel without penalty takes the $70 plan. If you take an "annual, paid monthly" plan, the name should make it clear (even if you skip reading the contract) that this is a promise to pay for a year. 

If you could cancel the $50 plan without a penalty, this would be an insult to the people who made the careful decision to pay $70 - an extra $20 per month - to have the right to cancel without penalty.

This seems an entirely normal way to do business, for example I got a discount on my BT phone/broadband contract by agreeing to a two year term. I don't think there is a discount for early cancellation. So Adobe are giving a generous discount for early cancellation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You pay an annual fee thats cheaper because the company has your money sooner.

There's some justice in a cancellation fee for a product that works and you may have finished using. In this case and most people who are switching the loyalty can no longer be justified. Creative cloud is a failure and so is the support system. Whilst your trawling the internet for fixes, your bombarded with ads for the product your trying to fix.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michaeld51708947, I am very sorry that you encountered so many problems utilizing then canceling your Creative Cloud membership.

For future viewers of this discussion, you can use the process listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html to cancel your membership.  If you encounter any problems while canceling the membership then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  Our support team is available to help with account management errors, in English, 24 hours a day.  

If you find that you are unable to establish a chat session, then please use a different browser, computer, or smartphone to begin the interaction.  The same errors that block you from self-canceling your membership could also block your ability to begin a successful chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines