• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation when payment failed

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option to cancel my subscription after a payment failed? When I try to use the "Manage my plan" option it says I have to update my payment details first. It also says that it will cancel automatically, but what does that mean for me? Will there be some fee for that?
I wanted to contact customer support but when I go to Help & Support and click the "Contact us" icon, it goes from blue to gray and nothing else happens. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on when you joined. 

You have 14 days from first download to cancel and request a refund.  After that, you pay a 50% early termination fee if you cancel before your 12th month of service.   To avoid penalty fees, wait until your 12th month to cancel.

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to that link to contact adobe support, it just opens  the help section, not a chat with adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had my subscription for 1 year and then it renewed for another year, not sure how many months I am into my 2nd year, but I'm unable to pay now so what will happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a different network (eg, public wifi), your mobile or call or use twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work on mobile either and I'm not using the same wifi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

call or twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

I found in another post here that this link is supposed to open a contact window, but it just redirects me to this customer help section where I can't talk to anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try another browser if you have trouble allowing pop ups and cookies, or use the phone or twitter (probably all explained above), but here it is again 

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 3 different browsers and it doesn't work on any of them (Brave, Chrome, Edge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using proxy servers or incognito settings?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I also allowed pop ups, turned off all extensions, adblocks etc. and it still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you at least know what will happen when it will automatically cancel my subscription after 30 days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no automatic subscription cancellation.  your subscription will end for failure to pay and you'll be liable for financial penalties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic cancellation does not happen as far as I know unless it's something like a code redemption and you don't have a payment option on file. Regarding not seeing the chat popup, the link does redirect to the contact page, you need to wait for a while before the chat popup is shown automatically. If that does'nt happen then you should try other means like Twitter and phone, details about it is already shared in posts above.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you all for trying to help! The pop up still didn't work but I found a way to pay for my late subscription since I will have to keep paying it off till April anyway to avoid penalties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so your problem is resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines