• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancelling annual subscription

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, anybody knows the "right time" to cancel an annual subscription without fees? My subscription goes to 26 March 2023 and then it will be automatically renewed, if I don't cancel it.

If I do it now, I will pay a fee which is okey (since I got the product cheaper with one year subscription) but since Adobe will shut down my access immediately I like to use my remaining time until 26 March 2023, as I pay for it anyway.

I have read the terms, but can't find understandable instructions. So, should I cancel my subscription one day before the renewal date, a week before or a month before?

Best regards

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following link will help in understanding the calculation. If you have use for the software then cancelling during the last month would be best.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when you cancel your plan would work till the end of the month during which you cancel. See the following for more details on how cancellation works for different plans

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have read the terms hundreds of times before and still doesn't understand the terms in Europe (Denmark). Anywone that can give me an answer? When should I cancel my annual subscription:

One day, one week or one month before renewal date (26 March 2023].
best regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime between 27 February and 25 March, but most suggest that the best is 27 February to 18 March.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the reason why I like to be correctly, is because I can read that many people have been captured in Adobes subscriptions - either they cancelled the subscription to late, or to early.

I am very satisfied with the product, but not the information about subscription-terms and cancellation.
They are very confusing and not clear for the user.

Never experienced a company with similar "terms" and I will report it to https://ec.europa.eu/commission/commissioners/2019-

2024/vestager_en.

Thanks for all your help😀 

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My replay was censured by Adobe, so I will try again:

thanks for your reply, the reason that I like to be correctly, is that many users have cancelled the subscription to late or to early and experienced extended unnecessary costs. The terms of use and subscriptions are not clear, therefore not legal in EU. I will report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lena Ann Mari23701426qh6c, i'm not sure if the terms of cancellation are clear, but they sure aren't easy to find.

there's this very unhelpful bit of info, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/manage-auto-renewal-settings.html

the best i can determine is that an annual plan should be cancelled during its last month.  but when you cancel, you'll immediately lose the benefits of your final days from the cancellation date to end-subscription date.

so the strategy is to wait as long as possible to cancel.  ie, cancel on the last day.  allow time for problems and the need to contact adobe support.

and above all, keep evidence that you cancelled and that you cancelled in a timely manner.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still don't make any sence, when user don't get this information, from your link: "We will notify you as your 12-month renewal date is approaching and will advise you about any changes that may take effect".

Adobe should clarify when (days, weeks, month's) and how to unsubscribe in "right time".

All other providers I subscribed to, have a clearly information. Most important - when I cancel a subscription, I pay for the rest of my period and can use my service. Not Adobe, they shut down,your service, despite your are paying for the rest of your subscribed period. That is not legal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't understand most of your post, but i didn't detect any questions (that can be answered by other users).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear kglad, my question was in my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand your question, but again:  i didn't detect any questions (that can be answered by other users).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, kglad, I thought other users may had some experience regarding cancellation, therefore I post my question. If you don't understand it, there is no reason for you to replay. Anyway, thanks for your kindnesses and effort. God aften.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, there are a lot of user comments about cancellation timing, and i've probably read more of those than any one else by virtue of my forum activity (over 140,000 posts).

but no one has done any better at answering this than making the educated guess that i posted above: "wait as long as possible to cancel.  ie, cancel on the last day.  allow time for problems and the need to contact adobe support."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't notify you about the subscription coming to an end, either. The rollover is automatic. If that's what it says, someone needs to update the page. I'm not even sure who to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines