• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC in Canadian Dollars - 2018

Contributor ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many years have gone by and Adobe has yet to announce anywhere on their website as to why they don't offer a Canadian dollar currency option on their products.

Until they offer it all we can do is contact them for a discount because io the unfair position we are in, or what we all really should be doing to tell Adobe were upset - download it elsewhere. Free of charge.

It's truly upsetting at this point. A simple acknowledgement. A simple explanation. A simple anything human to show their customers they understand or hear us. They will never do so. Adobe without question does not care for its Canadian subscribers.

Not sure what else we can do? We have all put in alot of effort online with forum discussions, raising awareness and even petitions. All of this is 'whatever' to Adobe. They are too high on their record quarterly earnings to even notice huge issues right in front of them. I've never been disgusted with a brand or company before. Adobe, you've changed that - you actually disgust me.

Dealing with many many many chat discussions with customer service and phone calls it is very clear there is no care or regard.

Sad to say but I don't think we will ever see a change.

Keep on fighting people!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you and I are still in this, Dustin… Same shit, different year. Just got off of the phone with them yet again, three years later and it's the same crappy answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just on the phone with Adobe this morning, airing my grievances about Adobe's lack of support for the Canadian dollar. I was personally assured in December 2016 that this had been added to the to-do list for some internal team and was assured again in September 2017 that Adobe was "aiming to offer Creative Cloud in Canadian currency in 2018". I have waited patiently for over a year and as of October 2018, there has still been no evidence of Adobe offering any such support. I am still waiting for a follow-up response from my contact at Adobe, so it remains to be seen if Adobe is still keeping to their end of the bargain.

After some extensive complaining, and after the Adobe rep on the phone kindly finished explaining the concept of international currency fluctuations to me (adding insult to injury), I was told that the problem lies in the fact that Adobe's payment platform treats Canada, Mexico and the US as one entity and that it's not possible to charge different currencies. Obviously, the fault lies with Adobe for setting up their payment system this way. Adobe's competitors don't seem to have a problem managing multiple currencies in North America.

I was eventually offered promotional pricing for one year. In lieu of Adobe actually fixing this problem before my next subscription renewal date, I opted to take the promotional pricing for US$29.99/month (instead of the regular price of US$52.99/month). Evidently, Adobe has raised the price of Creative Cloud (all apps) from US$49.99/month to US$52.99/month since my last billing cycle.

If you're like me, and you *must* pay for Creative Cloud because of work you do, I strongly recommend that you call Adobe to complain about their lack of support for the Canadian dollar and demand that they switch you to promotional pricing. If you pay for a one year license, then you will only suffer the currency conversion once a year instead of every month. You'll probably need to call back next year to negotiate the pricing again, but it's a significant difference. I would have paid US$635.88 + tax (or CAD$920.72 in Ontario, tax included), but with the promotional pricing, I am only paying US$359.88 + tax (or CAD$521.08 in Ontario, tax included).

If your subscription renewal date has already passed, you can probably still take advantage of this. Adobe refunded me the last two months remaining on my annual subscription from last year and simply started a new billing cycle with the new price point.

Until Adobe wakes up and stops dragging its feet, I think the best we can hope for is to force them to offer Canadians promotional pricing instead of full pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point I preferred paying the USD price against the € price, because of the exchange rate (1:1) applied by Adobe at a time when the USD was around 0.6-0.7 and that ex taxes. Now the conversion is still 1:1 (more or less), but the rate is nearer to the 1:1 applied. The still visible price difference is due to the fact that Adobe needs to show the prices with taxes in the EU and shows ex taxes in the US.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: According to my most recent correspondence with Adobe, adding support for the Canadian currency to their online store has been pushed to 2019. Yes, this stalling tactic by Adobe is very frustrating. The best we can probably hope for this year is to call Adobe at 1-888-833-6687 and negotiate lower pricing. Adobe reps will probably tell you they can only offer you 1 free month, but I was able to secure promotional pricing for the next 12 months on all apps (US$29.99/month, versus $52.99/month). Offering minimal discounts to unhappy customers is a standard tactic of most call centres. Keep pressing and escalating this issue. Your efforts could save you over $400 this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 UPDATE: According to my most recent correspondence with Adobe on September 4, 2019, adding support for the Canadian dollar to their online store has been pushed to 2020. While this is very frustrating, it is also not that surprising given Adobe’s history with this issue. As we draw near to 2020, this has been an ongoing issue for about 7 years now.

If this is important to you, I urge you to call Adobe today at 1-800-585-0774 and insist on 12 months of promotional pricing (US$29.99/month) in lieu of Adobe’s continued refusal to support the Canadian dollar. Your efforts could save you over 40% on Adobe Creative Cloud this year.

If you are still in the middle of your annual billing cycle, Adobe can start a new billing cycle at the promotional rate and refund you the difference still remaining on your previous billing cycle. There should be no penalties or extra fees. When you call Adobe, you may have to wait on hold or request a callback (it took Adobe 2h30m to call me back). Adobe reps may tell you that they can only offer 1-2 free months, but I was able to secure promotional pricing for 12 months on all apps (US$29.99/month, versus $52.99/month). If you pay all 12 months at once, then you will only have to suffer the currency exchange once, instead of every month.

Offering minimal discounts to unhappy customers is a standard tactic of most call centres. Keep pressing and escalating this issue. If the first rep you speak to isn’t cooperating, then insist to speak with their supervisor. If that doesn’t work, then call back and speak with someone else. It may take time, but your efforts could save you over 40% on Creative Cloud this year. Depending on where you live, that could mean an extra $400 in your pocket.

For more information, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rant-adobe-why-cant-canadians-pay-canadian-dollars-products-karst/?tr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So get this… I just posted to a reply to someone on the Adobe community forums regarding Adobe’s lack of support for the Canadian currency when they clearly support over 30 other international currencies (but refuse to support the Canadian dollar) and suddenly within hours of my reply, the conversation has been locked (preventing any further conversation on the matter) after being commented on by an “Adobe Community Professional” @Nancy_OShea (see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/locked-creative-cloud-in-canadian-dollars-taking-steps-to...). This conversation has been open and ongoing since November 6, 2016. Why has Adobe suddenly locked the conversation?

The last comment by the “Adobe Community Professional” seems to suggest we are only complaining because the cost of Creative Suite has gone up, not down. I quote “When the US dollar was weak and Canada and Australia paid LESS per month, nobody complained. It’s funny how that works, isn’t it?” Clearly @Nancy_OShea doesn’t get it. There has NEVER been a time when the cost of Creative Suite has gone down. We are asking for fair pricing IN OUR OWN CURRENCY, not complaining about the high prices. We have an issue with the fact that Canada and Mexico are being lumped in with the US and paying their subscriptions in US dollars when most other countries are not treated that way and most other technology/software companies in North America do not treat Canadians that way.

The issue is that WE CANNOT BUDGET FOR A SOFTWARE PLATFORM THAT KEEPS CHANGES IT’S PRICES EVERY MONTH because the company who sells the software chooses to be ignorant of the fact that there is more than one currency in North America. Adobe trying to shut down this conversation is just further evidence that they are unwilling to listen and unwilling to change. Wake up Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few moments ago I became frustrated with Affinity Designer and considered resubscribing for Illustrator. Then I noticed that Adobe still prefers to mislead Canadians on the price of their software by adverizing American prices only. That's what led me here and now I'm reminded of why I left the Adobe ecosystem: they're hostile towards their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it is 2021 and we are still at the same place. I also wanted to but photoraphy plan but not willing to pay in USD with my Canadian Credit Card.. I reached out to Customer Care. 1st rep had no idea what I was talking about and 2nd rep assured that CAD pricing will be launched soon and asked me to check back after 1 month. 

I will wat for 1 month and if still no CAD pricing then better to move on with some better tool rather than paying in CAD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also told a few months ago that Adobe was "testing" the ability to pay for their products in Canadian dollars. I've been checking their website regularly to see when this actually happens. So far, there's been no change in their pricing plans. I don't know how long Adobe thinks they need to test this for, but they obviously think it's a very complicated issue. Perhaps it's a stalling tactic and none of it is true.Whatever. We've been waiting far too long for this. Either demand promotional pricing until they actually fix this issue, or go elsewhere. Vote with you wallets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customers in Canada and Mexico will be able to pay for Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Adobe Stock subscriptions in local currency instead of United States Dollar.
See the announcement here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/x-productkb/policy-pricing/currency-change-canada-mexico.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope we will start seeing CAD starting tomorrow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll all I can say is, it's about time. This has been an ongoing issue since 2013 while Adobe reps lied, feigned ignorance and blamed everyone but themselves. While I appreciate being able to FINALLY pay for Adobe products in my own currency (products on which my career has depended for the past 25 years), I can't help but feel that Adobe has been taking advantage of and extorting its non-US customers for the past 8 years. Some sort of apology might be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jean-Claude Tremblay, I read the article you posted (originally published on December 4, 2020) — which I can't seem to find anywhere on the Adobe website except by using the link you provided — and it seems to suggest that as of December 7, 2020 we are supposed to be able to change our currency by visitng our https://account.adobe.com and clicking "Update now" in a banner at the top of the page. I signed into my Adobe account and no such banner exists. I have also been regularly checking the pricing plans on the Canadian Adobe website and everything is still displayed in US dollars. Does Adobe plan on updating the information on their website on January 6, 2021? Is Adobe still following the timeline described in the article you linked to? Where did you get your information from? Is it still valid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article is new and Adobe have not made any annoucement about it. I found it by searching because some folks around me have seen teh "Update now" banner at the top of their account. 

In my account the next charge is written in canadian dollar.

I have no idea when people will see the price in $CA, the article say January 6, 2021. 

PS: Don’t wait for apology from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Michael.. finally we have CAD pricing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Jean..finally we have CAD pricing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A big thank you goes out to @TheLandOfDustin and for starting this thread (and others that Adobe shut down) and getting the ball rolling on this change. As of today, Adobe is finally selling their products in Canadian dollars on their website. We haven't seen this since they switched to subscription-based pricing in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines