• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community Login - Screen Name with Apostrophe Not Allowed

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this weird behavior for the longest time where I would attempt to login and get booted to the home page with subsequent attempts to navigate the site sending me back to the home page. Adobe Support got me rocking again by having me change my "Adobe screen name". After playing with different names, I have deduced that the site doesn't like it when I use a name with an apostraphe in it. Is there a place where I can request support for the character? Perhaps at least get a warning that special characters are iffy when applying a new name.

[Topic edited by moderator for clarity.]

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022
quoteIs there a place where I can request support for the character?

===========

It won't do any good.  I say this from experience.  My name is Irish but I cannot use an apostrophe either. 

There is no website log-in or credit card on the planet that accepts apostrophes.  It's a security issue.  Usually only malicious hackers and robots use special characters.  So it's by design that your log-in was terminated and you were kicked out.   Sorry but there's no way to change that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. Is there a place where I can request support for the character?

By @Tonys_Denial.exe

Why is it so important to be able to use an apostrophe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so important to be able to use an apostrophe?

By @Peru Bob

==========

It gets dicey when your legal name contains special characters but the computers won't accept them.  Renewing my driver's license/ID card online was mishigas!  I had to go in-person and get a human to force my name into their system.  ðŸ™„

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mostly for branding purposes. I like the idea that people can copy and paste from one site to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIs there a place where I can request support for the character?

===========

It won't do any good.  I say this from experience.  My name is Irish but I cannot use an apostrophe either. 

There is no website log-in or credit card on the planet that accepts apostrophes.  It's a security issue.  Usually only malicious hackers and robots use special characters.  So it's by design that your log-in was terminated and you were kicked out.   Sorry but there's no way to change that. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines