• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a Creative Cloud plan, but I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. Can on account run on both computers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/content/dotcom/ie/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Yes, You can use it on two computers.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish Adobe would be a bit more reasonable on its licensing policies; most software that I license allows installs on unlimited numbers of computers, as long as only one is in use at a time, by me. They license people, not installs. Some of the more restrictive ones allow up to five.

I have three machines that I need to use CS on. I can't afford another $55/month just to add one more PC. That's absurd.

If I install my current license on all 3 of my machines, can I switch among them just by deactivating/reactivating as I move between them? Does Adobe have limits on how frequently I can do this? Can I do it once a day? Week? Month?

Any chance that this policy can be re-assessed and made a little more reasonable for individuals in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we all know that you can install photoshop on 2 computer, just tell me how to do it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download/install the desktop application, sign in, install the subscription application(s).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

As I explained din my post, I tried to do that. I download, click to install, the window appears with "initiating installer" and then it disappears with nothing having happened. Even after waiting for an hour - thinking that maybe it was downloading something in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely didn't notice, I was not replying to your posting.

There are too many ills for the Cloud for which I have no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Turqslady,

It sounds like something might have gotten crossed up on your system during your migration process, deleting/moving folders, trying different installers, etc.

Your best bet is probably to uninstall the application(s) on the new computer, then download the Adobe Cleaner Tool, run it to completely clear the machine, reboot and then (re)install the product(s) you want.

If you have any difficulties with the CC Desktop App downloading & installing your tools, then another solution is to use the CC direct links and just install them yourself.

Doing one or both of those steps frequently solves these kinds of issues. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ProDesignTools - I will try your links.

I opened a chat with Adobe support and he wanted me to UN install ALL of my Adobe software and reinstall the CC 2015 Lightroom & PS, for which I pay every month. I don't have the entire CC.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the discs for the previous versions of CS 3, 4, and 5. I moved my office and apparently they were misplaced. UGH. I use Dreamweaver all the time - and I prefer the CS3 version.

I'll check out your links to see if they can help - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, glad to help.  You might try just uninstalling and reinstalling the CC apps first to see if that takes care of it.

If you ever do need to reinstall older CS versions, then you'll also find direct download links to those as well under "Downloads" at the top of any page there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools‌

I finally got it all running - hope that it continues!

I did not have any luck with the direct links to download PD & Lightroom from your site. BUT, I started comparing files that were migrated and noticed that some folders didn't have as many items as the one coming from my old imac. So, I compressed the apps from the application folder and uploaded from dropbox, put the old apps in the trash and dragged the unzipped folder to my applications folder. That still didn't do it for the subscription PS & Lightroom, but did take care of the older version of Dreamweaver CS3 that I love and use regularly.

I was nosing around your site and found links to the upgrades and downloaded PS. What the heck, right?  Well, that told me that I couldn't update without the missing Application Manager - BUT it *finally* gave me a link that lead me (three pages later) to the correct link to download the Application Manager when all the other windows had not. All the other links lead me to DL the Creative Cloud install - and that wasn't working.

Whew... 2 days of craziness, and I finally have it all working. Cross your fingers that it continues!

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad to hear you got it working – and thanks for circling back to let us know.

(BTW, for the direct download links to work you have to make sure to carefully follow the download instructions given there, which are required by Adobe's servers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you install it on a second device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. HOW do you install it?

I migrated my files, applications and users from one computer iMac to another new iMac.

I clickedd on PS and it opened and I successfully created an image, so I thought all was well. Then I tried to open Lightroom and it said I had a to download the applications manager.I DL'd it and after clicking to install, the window says "initiating installer" and then disappears with nothing happening.

I found the Creative Cloud folder in Applications and deleted it, then tried to re-install from the installer downloaded previously. Same thing happened - nothing.

This is pretty ridiculous.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to access lightroom on a second laptop (for travel). How do I accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that CC can be installed on two machines... my question is... if I install mobile apps on an iPad, does that count as my second machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. No, there are no limitations on the mobile apps – you can install those on as many devices as you want. The discussion here is regarding the CC desktop programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have LR4 and would like to upgrade to 6, I'm thinking the CC version might suit my business better but I'm a little confused with licencing..

I'm a wedding photographer and here in my office we have 2 editing PC's, myself and other half edit at the same time if we have had a typical weekend of 2/3 weddings, so operating the one licence LR CC on 2 PC's editing 2 different weddings at the same time - will that work and can all the RAW files be stored on the same master drive?

Also I have a Macbook that I use now and again for editing which I would like to have access to the LR CC, again is this possible while 2 PC's are active? Talking about laptops if I edit away from a wifi/internet connection I take it the edits will update the main catalog when I return to a wifi/internet connection?

I do like the thought of having all images from one master drive shared and accessed over several systems, this will make my back up process much easier..

Sorry about all the questions but I need some answers before I sign up.

Regards

Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Marty,

Please see this previous reply about how to share the Lightroom catalog between two systems using an external drive or other means.  You can also find other posts and threads about this topic in the Adobe Forums as well as elsewhere on the web.

As for how many users and computers at the same time, it was answered further above here... It's the same for CC as it has been for all other Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the above posts and Googled elsewhere but its all a little confusing, I get that it can installed on 2 main PC's/Macs but there was talk that it can only be operated by one machine at one time - so not ideal for me as I would have 2 PC's editing off the same licence at the same time so hence the first question..

Regarding my MacBook question, so would this be classed as a mobile app or need a second licence?

Thanks for your help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. What you've read is true – and it sounds like for your use case with two concurrent users, you would need to purchase two licenses per Adobe's EULA.

Regarding the MacBook, it is a PC-class machine and runs the full CC desktop applications and not the mobile apps... Only iOS/Android devices such as an iPhone and iPad run Adobe's mobile apps, which are free for everyone and have no usage restrictions.

A final (general) note to mention regarding using a third computer for a single license purchase – if your usage is occasional and not at the same time as your other two activated systems, then you may be able to temporarily move an Adobe license between two machines, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you once again for your response, so this sentence rings true in that I will need 2 licences - Sure. What you've read is true – and it sounds like for your use case with two concurrent users, you would need to purchase two licenses per Adobe's EULA.

In that case I'll stick to my current set up as it costs me nothing and I have all machines backing up to one server.

Thank you for clarifying..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so having read all of that, everyone is saying you can install and activate on 2 computers but only use one at a time.

Ive just installed CC2015 on my Macbook and on my iMac and have Photoshop, illustrator and indesign open at the same time with files open and it is all working and not kicking me out of either machine?

I've even logged my Macbook on to a different home network so it thinks it's in a different place to the iMac, but both sets of software activated on 1 licence is working simultaneously.

So this works?  or will Adobe allow it for a short period then kick me out on one machine?

This is a 'Creative Cloud for teams' licence but I am only assigned one licence from that team though. So it's not a 'home' licence so maybe that differs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What good is it for you to terminate me during my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2 laptops already. I want to upgrade my laptop. Can I ease software on my old laptop and then download those Softwares for new my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kyd89369599 wrote:

I installed 2 laptops already. I want to upgrade my laptop. Can I ease software on my old laptop and then download those Softwares for new my laptop?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

How to Move Adobe Software Between Computers or System Upgrades

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines