• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraudulent activity detected on your Adobe Account

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent an email stating that my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription had been canceled due to fraudulent activity. I had a yearly active subscription purchased directly from Adobe (on the website) and was valid until March 2025. There was (as I remember) a promotional 40% discount when I purchased it, everything was legal and original.
On Friday, I received a letter that my subscription was canceled. The given contact phone number was invalid and when I tried to reply to the e-mail, I received an error message.
What kind of fraudulent activity could there be if it was purchased through your official website? I didn't get any description, I had no clue about the problem itself. I used the programs only on one computer, I didn't share my account with anyone, and the yearly plan was paid in a lump sum.

Once I had to log out from my account because my Behance profile was registered with an old e-mail address and I logged in there - and unfortunately when I logged in there, my Creative Cloud desktop app also logged out (it's a very inconvenient and unnecessary connection for me).

Please, help me to solve this problem, I can't afford to pay for another yearly plan now - and since I don't know the reasons behind the cancellation, I can't be sure to avoid this case again. 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

I never used adobe products other than my computer for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me, no explanation or anything. I've contacted support and they told me someone will contact me 5-7 business days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Berke.  @papaya1993 @Murat3670991497di 

you must contact adobe support (which i know @Berke. has already done).  let us know the results.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, all turkish people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apperantly it has happened to people who has renewed/purchased subscriptions on March 2024 before the price increase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not from Turkey, but also purchased my subscription on March 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@papaya1993 @Justyna36511859lvyk @chndmrl @Berke. 

we got more information (thanks to nancy o'shea and an adobe employee).  it seems you might have used a redemption code from vendor that was not legitimate.  ie, contact the vendor that sold you the coupon or redemption code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not, I've purchased through Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the case, i only purchase directly from adobe website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I checked it from another computer (from mine, the discount is not available anymore), and it still the same. I'm from Hungary so the site was translated automatically. I attached screenshots - the first is the landing page, the second, when I selected "Magyarország" (Hungary), after that I clicked to "Megveszem" (I Buy). I went through the same process when I purchased. You can see, that it is www.adobe.com002.png001.png003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't want to argue, and i have no insight into anything behind the scenes.  that's what i was told applied to most users with this issue.  most does not imply all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, the chat-bot connected me with an "agent", who after a well-detailed description of my problem tried to explain to me that probably I was the one who requested to cancel my own subscription (:D). Of course, it was not true as the notification email I had received from them proved otherwise. It took a lot of time, but finally, it turned out that the agent had no clue and was unable to explain the real cause behind the problem (what was the "detected fraudulent activity"), finally, he wrote me that "probably a misunderstanding happened" and offered me a full refund. I accepted that, so at least I received my money back - but I consider this whole case still quite unethical especially since I realized they also do it with a bunch of other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disconcerting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the exact same problem, just contacted adobe support again and sent them this community thread (and 5 different ones with the same problem), to show that 1 person has their problem resolved already. And this is not only happening to turkish people, i am from poland and saw people from my and different countries with the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See about 3rd party redemption codes below.

Redemption Codes:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
===========
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare
==========
Report Conterfeit software, Piracy & Email Phishing to: https://www.adobe.com/trust/fraud-prevention.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a promotional 40% discount when I purchased it, everything was legal and original.

By @papaya1993

==========

Where did you obtain the 40% discount coupon or redemption code?

If it was from a 3rd party, you'll need to take the matter up with them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use any coupon or redemption code, I purchased directly from the official website, and it was the Adobe's discount. It wasn't from a 3rd party. It was through www.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines