• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Spezielle Community für Japanischsprachige
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

Fraudulent Charges...Where does the responsibility lie?

Neu hier ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

Hello,

My name is Jonathan and I am creating this post in regards to several fraudulent charges to my credit card by Adobe. It seems someone used my card to pay for serviced from a different account. I have never ordered ADOBE *PHOTOGPHY, and I do not engage in photography more than the occasional picture on my phone.

I understand the discrepancy that you have no way to tell that I didn’t register with a different email, but the same situation has happened before, based on the following Adobe threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2435311

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2500431

​It seems that my credit card info, and that of others, has been stolen from Adobe and used fraudulently. I do not believe that it is the responsibility of the credit companies to refund that money. It is very frustrating that this has been going on for at least a year, based on those threads, and yet Adobe customer service is still pushing the problem off to the card companies and not training their representatives to deal with the issue more appropriately. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have sent this to

How do I report the fraudulent use of my credit card or personal information as it relates to an Adobe product or service?

Contact abuse@adobe.com.

found at

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/security/alertus.html

​I saw in the aforementioned threads that an Adobe employee, Beverly Gray, was able to escalate their cases and help them with a refund. I have also sent her a message asking for her assistance in this matter. If you could please help me resolve this issue and refund all the fraudulent charges, I would very much appreciate it. I will provide you with whatever information you need, such as card info, account info, and a copy of my conversation with Adobe customer service. I am not frustrated with any particular person, only the system Adobe has created. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Brown

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 1 richtige Antwort

LEGENDE , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

You need not worry about the card companies suffering. They will always pass the charge on to the company, so Adobe will pay. Since you have no way to know what account was using your stolen card info, this is probably the easiest way. You have to contact the card company anyway, as after any fraud, so your card can be cancelled and reissued with a new number.

It is not clear that your card details were stolen from Adobe. They could be stolen from any web site, or at any seller where someone has

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

This is a public forum, not a direct link to Adobe support

Other users here will not be able to help, you need to continue working with the employee you mentioned

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

I am aware of where I am posting

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

Sorry to hear about your problems, but...

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support and  we can't help with that specific problem

Please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

You must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

I am aware of where I am posting. thank you

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
LEGENDE ,

Kopiert

You need not worry about the card companies suffering. They will always pass the charge on to the company, so Adobe will pay. Since you have no way to know what account was using your stolen card info, this is probably the easiest way. You have to contact the card company anyway, as after any fraud, so your card can be cancelled and reissued with a new number.

It is not clear that your card details were stolen from Adobe. They could be stolen from any web site, or at any seller where someone has installed a "skimmer".

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Kopiert

I've got the same exact issue! 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Kopiert

if you suspect someone is fraudulently using your credit card, contact your card issuer.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Kopiert

I have the same charge on my account of 179$ and I never used this. Can we get refunded for this?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

usage is irrelevant to adobe (just like it is for a landlord or car lessor).  what matters is if you started a subscription or trial or otherwise know how adobe got your credit card info.

if you have no idea how adobe got that info, report fraud to your credit card provider.  otherwise contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Kopiert

Step 1: contact your card provider and dispute the charge.

If you started a trial and forgot to cancel it, you can get a full refund from Adobe provided you cancel within 14 days.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Kopiert

Yes, I got charged also. This was sneaky. It never sent me an email or any confirmation and it's been charging me for so many months. This is a fraud. 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Kopiert

@402-297-7902 

contact your credit card provider if you never signed up for an adobe trial or subscription.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Kopiert

I just spoke with an agent and told them the situation that someone used it to help me and used my saved card and bought it without my knowledge and Adobe canceled it and I won't be charged again.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Kopiert

AKTUELL

@Carrie36574504uuod 

that's good to hear, and thank you for that info.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines