Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Trial Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I downloaded the free 7 day trial of creative cloud yesterday. On my account it says I have the creative cloud free membership. However, I just spoke to a live agent who said that I don't have a free membership on the email it says I do and that I need to give them my credit card details but when I signed up it said I didn't need to. 

I am now worried that my free trial isn't legitimate and that it is going to stop all of a sudden and my work will be erased. I have noticed that the countdown on the home page of illustrator (which is what I am using) hasn't gone down to 6 days so maybe there is something wrong?

Please can someone advise? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

The only concern i saw was if the software was not genuine. Now that it is verified that you got the software from genuine Adobe site, i see no cause of worry. Use it as long as it works, if the countdown does not work its not your problem. And regarding the files that you create, as i mentioned in any case even if you stop paying Adobe, cancel your subscription etc. you have all the rights on your file and no one can delete it from your computer, anyone who has a working program that can use th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install your application? If it is through Creative Cloud then i would say keep using it as long as it works, there is no risk of losing your work as cancelling/expiry of subscription does not delete your files. If you got hold of the installer from some other source then i would suggest uninstall it, scan your system with a good antivirus and then install using Creative Cloud and see if you are still eligible for a free trial period

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded it from here: https://www.adobe.com/sea/creativecloud/start-with-free-creativecloud.html

Regards, Lauren. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a genuine Adobe site, keep using it as long as it is working. I see no risks here, save your files locally on your computer to be totally safe

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

That's great - thank you so much for your help! So, the fact that the countdown isn't working shouldn't be a problem either? 

Regards, Lauren. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you downloaded ISN'T a trial and won't expire. It is what anyone can get for free from Adobe, and which doesn't run out. It gives you, for example, some cloud storage and some fonts. This is normal. I observe it also offers you the chance to run free trials of apps. If it lets you run any trials without a credit card that's nice, and a bit of a change for Adobe. Still they change all the time. These APPS should count down once you have installed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. So what exactly have I downloaded - it says trial on my homepage but free membership on my account? Does the count down go by the time you downloaded it or the day in itself? Also, I presume what I have done so far will still keep after the time is up? Regards, Lauren. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do seem to have added the word "Trial" in unexpected places, so this answer is based on what we thought we understood... Trials apply to the individual apps like Photoshop or Acrobat. Have you actually downloaded any of them to try out yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've been using illustrator since I downloaded it yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'd expect Illustrator to be counting down (even if it doesn't say so, though it always used to pop up a box saying so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only concern i saw was if the software was not genuine. Now that it is verified that you got the software from genuine Adobe site, i see no cause of worry. Use it as long as it works, if the countdown does not work its not your problem. And regarding the files that you create, as i mentioned in any case even if you stop paying Adobe, cancel your subscription etc. you have all the rights on your file and no one can delete it from your computer, anyone who has a working program that can use these files can use it anytime

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay! Thank you all for the help. By the way, the trial countdown is now working. It goes off the time the software was downloaded. Regards, Lauren.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines