• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Photography Plan (20 GB) to Lightroom (1 TB)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, at the moment I am subscribed to the Photography Plan (20 GB) and for a long time used Lightroom Classic only. Now I'm migrating photos to Lightroom (Cloud), as that functionality is sufficient for me and I like that everything is synced between devices, but I will soon reach the point where my 20 GB will no longer be enough.

So I want to change plan to the Lightroom (1 TB) option, but if I do that, it looks like I immediately lose Lightroom Classic? At least when I try to change plan, I get explained that the old subscription ends immediately and I will get a small refund for the (little) time left till the end of the old subscription's period.

Will Lightroom Classic immediately stop working (so I cannot migrate the remaining photos), or am I too worried? I figured out the approach for migrating the photos, but what's the smoothest process for changing the subscription over to the Lightroom Cloud 1 TB plan?

Best regards,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TeVerGezocht, good morning.
If your payment method is a credit card, you can switch from the Web using this procedure.
Otherwise, you will need to contact Customer Care for the change procedure.

Change your Adobe plan

Tacafy大尉_0-1592084176362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The thing I was concerned about is access to my existing Lightroom Classic catalog.

This article below answered my question and took away the concerns:

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/07/what-happens-to-lightroom-after-my-membership-ends....

So basically if I cancel my subscription (or change to a plan without LR Classic) I can still access my Lightroom Classic catalog, with some features disabled but I can still export my photos gradually to Lightroom CC.

Best regards,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer images to external drives BEFORE you change plans.  LR Classic will stop working. Your files won't vanish, but your access to the software will.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, are you sure?

I see several blog posts dedicated to this, re-assuring us that we can still access the photos through Lightroom Classic, just with some Lightroom features (like Develop) disabled. One such example is:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/happens-cancel-lightroom-classic-subscription/

Also Adobe has this article on its own web site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/faq.html#accordion-container-2-trigger-6

Best regards,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To clarify terms, you can still access Lightroom but not Lightroom Classic as they are 2 different apps with some shared modules.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines