• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GDPR regulations - ADOBE are withholding my data.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a free 9 month subscription with Adobe. 

When it ran out, I did not want a subscription so I didn't add payment details and Adobe have been hassling me since. 

I tried to delete my account - it said  it asked for payment details and told me my account has been suspended. 

I tried to speak to an agent Shubham through chat and as soon as I gave them my email address, they left the chat. 

Adobe are witholding my sensitive information and are FORCING ME TO PAY THEM to delete it. 

Is there a goverment body I can complain to about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, it's not allowing me to delete my account. It's saying I have an active plan. When I try to cancel this active plan, it says my account is suspended and I need to update my payment details for a subscription FIRST. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then your complaint is, you can't do what your want the way you want (which is to delete your account without resolving your payment error first).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my complaint is Adobe going against GDPR regulations and withholding my data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you have an active account, you are in a contractual relationship with Adobe. GDPR protects only against superfluous data collection. It does not protect against legit data collection.

I'm not a lawyer, I strongly advise consulting a lawyer before making such claims.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from download & install">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to Adobe Chat
or X (was Twitter):
https://twitter.com/adobecare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The condition of your 9 months of free service was having a non-cancellable 12 month subscription. Early cancellation incurs a 50% penalty fee. Those are the terms you agreed to.

2. You failed to provide a valid payment method, so you still owe Adobe for 3 months. That's a very small price to pay for 9 months of free service! 🤑

Give Adobe your credit card so you can cancel your subscription and get on with life.  Problem solved.

https://account.adobe.com/plans
===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Goodbye & good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines