• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete my Adobe Account?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering how to delete this account. I only have the free membership and according to my order history, I haven't bought anything, however it's also telling me I have Illustrator (I don't). My account was charged today, despite membership being "free" and me having not bought anything. I tried to contact Adobe about this, but was left in chat with no response to for an hour and was given a notification that the phone lines are down.

So, how do I completely delete this account? I don't use any of the services and I will not be charged for something I don't use (and would appreciate a refund). Also, Adobe has no email address, so contacting them is near-impossible. Another user said this feels deliberate. Can't help but agree there.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackie,

Please check the personal message.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no button or link to completely delete one's account? How can it still be impossible to delete an account even after the rollout of GDPR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You can submit your request here if you wish to delete your Adobe ID account - Adobe Privacy Center

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev - I have looked all over the Adobe Privacy Center and cannot find a place to request the deletion of my account. Can you provide a specific link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rvapcgirl

Adobe Privacy Center

Click 'Contact Us'

Under 'Other Privacy Question Not Listed Above?' click 'Sign in to begin' and you'll get to the form to request account deletion.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev--

When attempting to follow your instructions, the final step--the "submit" or "finish" button on the page you provided--simply does not do anything. It is an image. You cannot right click it to open a link in a new window. You cannot submit the form. This is BS.

I received notification on my credit report that my Adobe account information had been accessed and leaked on the dark web. I _never_ use this account for _anything_ and I do not want it to exist. So, how does one R E A L L Y delete their account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds frustrating. Hope this has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to delete my account too but following Adobe's instruction I end up on an error page that invites me to contact Adobe's support. No matter how many times I've tried to cancel my plan and delete my account I always end up on that error page. I THINK IT'S BY DESIGN.

I don't want to contact Adobe's support, I want to delete my account!!!

I chatted with an Adobe agent and the conversation wasn't going anywhere. They are trying everything to scam me: they warmed me about cancellation fees (which is totally illegal), they try to lead me to technical support even though Photoshop is uninstalled from my computer and I don't want to hear about it anymore (too buggy and too slow).

I can't believe Adobe has turned this way. Cancelling a plan and deleting an account seems impossible. It's the behaviour of small scam companies, not big companies like Adobe. I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you succeeded to delete your account? Because I have the same problem now. I followed all of the instructions but it's like you're stuck in a loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t delete your account. you need to contact Customer Care for thisContact Customer Care

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work. I don't have the "delete" option.

I paid $125 for a service that I never used.

I tried to get a refund but it looks like they really need the money.

Adobe sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice

If you are looking to cancel your subscription, please contact our support team for assistance: Contact Customer Care

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Customer Service,

i like to delete my account but the chat isnt working. Please tell me how can i delete my account. I am customer from Germany European and we have the EU Datenschutz-Grundverordnung 2018 and i cant belive thats alow to make it so complicate for the customer to delete there account.

Thanks and Kind regards

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

Dies ist ein Nutzer zu Nutzer Forum. Nur Adobe kann die Nutzerdaten löschen.

Du musst Adobe kontaktieren: Contact Customer Care .

Der Chat war bisher noch immer erreichbar wenn ich ihn benötigte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, this is a disaster, unbelievable, absolutely not a serious company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do too. I used their software 1 time last month. Used it again this month and it crashed destroying a project I spent two hours on. I missed a 14 day cancellation I think? So now they are trying to make me pay $50 fee. This is terrible, I will only recommend people don't use Photoshop. Use Clipart studio, it doesn't crash and they don't lock you into bogus contracts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like help but I received no answer from customer service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this Adobe page:

https://www.adobe.com/privacy/privacy-contact.html

Scroll to the bottom, where it says: "Other Privacy Question Not Listed Above?"

Click "Sign in to begin."

Sign in with your Adobe ID and password, then fill out the short form, and click "Finish."

If you have any issues, use a different browser or another computer... and/or clear your web browser cache & cookies, and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I submitted request to delete my account by 2 February.
  2. In couple of days I received reply to double confirm my request, because it's irreversible. I confirmed.
  3. Nothing happened till 9 Feb and replied back to double check my request.
  4. Nothing happened till today 17 Feb...

Why my account (and my personal data) is still not deleted?

For me, that looks like clear violation of Art. 17 of GDPR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask this here: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the chat:

1) I was waiting for an hour without any response, except "sorry we are busy"

2) After an hours got reply in background "Hello, would you still like to continue the chat?"

3) Chat was closed in exactly 2 minutes after that, so I haven't even noticed there was response. Yeah, cool service.

And I replied again to original customer support ticket via email and no response from there as well...

How about Customer Service to contact me and resolve my problem? Not vice versa, because that obviously doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked Adobe via internal channels for help on your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines