• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to buy adobe photoshop with a debit card?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a credit card, only a debit card. So is there any way I can buy adobe photoshop and lightroom with just a debit card?

I only want the software directly from adobe, annual plan paid monthly. I do not want to buy prepaid memberships from other sites or a hardcopy.

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Debit cards are supported, although results may vary by country.

"If I pay with my debit card, is there an extra fee?

In the United States only, Adobe may process debit card payments as PIN-less debit transactions for your subscription. This means that although PIN-less Debit payment transaction will be processed like a PIN-debit transaction, you don't need to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).

Your financial institution may charge you a fee for payments we process as a PIN-l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe doesn't accept debit cards, Adobe Store | Online order and payment FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why have they not changed their Subscription Page?? YOU wrote about this 2 years ago and I can tell you that today it is unchanged. The form for filling in payment source offers both Credit and Debit.
Is Adobe known to have serious management issues? It seems that no one is in charge and checking on how things are done, how changes need to be made on the Subscription page, and no doubt on a whole host of other things. If they are too disorganized and unprofessional to get their form for signing up to a subscription changed in more than TWO YEARS, there IS a serious management problem at Adobe. Proof is that page. Why, even I could re-design it to inform people. It's really easy to change the form and convey facts to the public. Amazed. Simply amazed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree - clearly says Debit card.  I'm walking away after having serious doubts about paying this subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to completely agree with you. SEVERAL features have been asked for, for YEARS in the community. Not a single sign anyone is even thinking about it. Now I see that this issue is 3.5 years old, and still, no support for debit card, or PayPal, where I live (Greece). Not even in the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway) where I am from and one would expect to be first out with this.

I simply cannot comprehend this. Far from everyone have a credit card. Most probably by choice. Does Adobe like throwing away all that lost revenue? Would be interesting to see how many lost subscriptions, and probably MILLIONS of dollars lost, just because they cannot in the second decade of the 2000's offer proper payment methods. 

It smells a lot like there is a fear running through the company to speak up. Like employees do not want to forward ideas for some reason. Likely there are some horrible bosses in the way of this, that needs to be removed before they lose out on more customers. I have used Adobe products since 1999, and now that they can't even charge me for a subscription (which is so extremely basic), I'm seriously considering their direct competitors - that has caught upp well with them and in many areas offer things Adobe still cannot. 

I guess every empire falls eventually. Some just fall faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is hardly falling:

adobe-revenues-chart.png

However, they have become a large company (more than 24,000 employees worldwide), and sometimes things fall through the cracks.

That said, Adobe does offer payment via debit cards and PayPal, although results may vary by country:

"If you use the same credit or debit card for multiple plans in your account, your payment details update across all the plans. (In certain regions, debit cards may incur a fee from your bank.)"

How to change or update your payment information and billing address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The increase was likely a lot due to the payment model changing, opening more doors for customers that would not buy previously. Still, having management that does not realize that the number one thing in doing business is being able to accept payment, is surely a risk over time. The arrogance of overlooking something that simple is astonishing. 

I work in a company with nearly 400 000 people worldwide, and in a few short months last year, we not only managed to move more than half our work force to a home office, but we also restructured into having a part of the company being 100% cloud based (i.e. moving to entire operations where people were no longer affiliated with a traditional office at all) - with all that that entailed IT wise to make it happen. So, I do not buy the "sometimes things falls through the cracks" considering just this issue is 3.5+ years old, along with most of the most popular community feature requests for, for example Lightroom CC and Lightroom mobile. Radio. Silence.

As I said:

• It seems Adobe has issues with management, and possibly therefore also with lower level employees not pushing when they have good ideas
  • There are plenty of companies breathing down Adobes neck these days, and it is not likely to change pace anytime soon. A simple payment by debit card worldwide should not be something to lose customers to competitors over. 
  • They do offer debit card payment, but far from everywhere. And not for me. I have ZERO payment methods right now for the product I want because I do not want to support credit companies.

This is amazing, considering the Adobe Creative Cloud app exists, which is already connected to the Google Play payment platform (where they can in fact charge worldwide for, for example Lightroom Mobile). Just add all the packages to the Creative Cloud app, and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe did all the same sorts of things with the pandemic and their workers/offices, from what I understand.

Regarding Lightroom, new bug fixes and feature requests are added every release... And many by popular request, over the years.

But you're right, probably not much has "fallen through the cracks." That was just a speculation.

I haven't heard any issues with Adobe management, and in fact the company has succeeded wildly with Creative Cloud, with over 22 million paid subscribers (as of 2020).

It's far more likely that the forms of payment vary significantly because supporting 94 countries is complex and not the same even across neighbors... What works or doesn't work can vary significantly by country and depend on the card issuer / bank, payment processor, whether recurring payments are allowed on the card, local laws, etc.

(And probably Creative Cloud is not sold on App Stores because Apple and Google want to take 30%.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what (url) are you calling the "subscription page"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

38F93A9C-869B-433D-BFC4-3568E7A692A6.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're correct.  it's another website error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you go off on a tangent, read this.  Payment options vary by region.

• Credit card payment is accepted for Creative Cloud memberships in all supported countries.
  • Payment via PayPal is accepted in a few supported countries.
  • Other payment options may be available in your country.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/adobe-stores-online-order-payment-faq.html#paymen...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debit cards are supported, although results may vary by country.

"If I pay with my debit card, is there an extra fee?

In the United States only, Adobe may process debit card payments as PIN-less debit transactions for your subscription. This means that although PIN-less Debit payment transaction will be processed like a PIN-debit transaction, you don't need to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).

Your financial institution may charge you a fee for payments we process as a PIN-less debit transaction. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions of your debit card, contact your financial institution using the telephone number found on the back of your card."

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/adobe-stores-online-order-payment-faq.html#fee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines