Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download CS6 - I have a serial number valid from original purchase

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title.

I have a valid serial number for CS6, I have it installed on my PC, and used to have it installed on my laptop.

Hoever I recently had to factory reset - losing all install files.

The product is listed as registered under my profile, but I cannot locate any way to download CS6, not on the Adobe site, nor through the CC app. 

It really shouldn't be this hard to access a product that already belongs to me, no matter how hard Adobe try to push a CC subscription instead.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from what I can tell:

I have a registered and confirmed CS6 ON my account, along with serial number. But because, ALL the way back in 2012, I didn't purchase from Adobe, they can't provide a simple install file? 

Ridiculous if I do say so myself.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't have the disc, nor the account for the third party provider I purchased CS6 from, as it was y'know, back in 2012. 

I find it extremely hard to believe Adobe won't provide an install file for a product I can prove I own. It's terrible practise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your serial number is tied to the media provided to you at time of purchase.   I can point you to a direct download link for CS6 (see link below).  But your serial number might not work with this installer.  If it works, great!   If not, contact the vendor who sold you CS6.

Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or it won't download.   Adobe may remove these installers at anytime. 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.

I'll have a browse through the links, and hope for the best. 

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only see downloads for CS5 and below. Where can I find the CS6 dowload

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a legal perpetual license for the software, you are legally entitled to install it, and Adobe cannot prevent you from doing so. However they are not obligated to help you get the media. You're on your own for that.

They COULD provide it, but they won't, because they aren't making any money by doing so, and as a publicly traded company, Adobe has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder value, even at the expense of customers like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Semantics of business practises I suppose, but the £x that I spent on it 8 years ago, qualifies as the money made you'd like to think.

I'm just too optimistic apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you didn't pay that money to Adobe. You paid it to a third-party vendor. You are not Adobe's customer, the vendor is.

It's like buying a Kenmore dishwasher from Home Depot. If something goes wrong when it's under warranty, you have to talk to Home Depot instead of Sears about getting it fixed because you bought it from Home Depot. (How do I know? Well, I bought a washer/dryer from Lowes, and when there was an issue I had to talk to Lowes about getting it repaired.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do find it absolutely atrocious that we live it such a greed ridden world. 

I had a similar situation. I called Abobe and demanded that they send me the media I needed to reinstall it onto my computer. 

After a lengthy conversation where I was fed a lot of bull I started asserting myself in a calm "I'm getting my way" attitude he finally gave in and told me I could get them to mail me the media I needed as long as I paid the shipping cost. 

I believe it cost me $9.99 and I received a disc in the mail in 10 days. 

It worked great and I put the disc in a safe place so I'll always have it. If it's allowed I would be happy to make a copy and mail it to you but only if Abobe and this community allow it. 

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is no longer sold or supported.

3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff

https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for CS6 ended in 2014 https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html

Until just a few months ago (I don't remember the exact date) Adobe had public links so anyone could download the install file(s) and use their serial number

I don't know the reason, but those public download links were removed and the only downloads now available are as I described before... linked to having purchased directly from Adobe by download

The link that Nancy provided may or may not work... depending on if Adobe has removed the files referenced at the Pro Design Tools site... if/when Adobe does remove those files, they will be gone forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the last time I had to install, which would've been 18 months - 2 years ago, the links were all there, and worked beautifully.

Too much to hope that would've still been the case today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's new legacy version policy went into effect in May 2019. 

• CS1 - 3 are officially dead.
  • CS4 - 6 are on life support.
  • Pre-2019 Creative Cloud products are no longer in the CC Desktop App, except  when you still have that app installed on your computer.

Adobe wants their customers on the latest technologies and security features which are only available in current releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines