• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge Problem with code activation, my current subscription ends this night - help, what to do?!

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening!

I'm writing here as I have been in the Adobe Germany Chat for several minutes now, and now they are closed until Monday. But I need help today 😕

For some monthes/years I have had a monthly Lightroom subscription via iTunes. On amazon I found a 1-year licence "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom incl. 1TB Cloud storage" which I bought. I converted the voucher code from Amazon on Adobe to a serial number, which has been immediately added to my one and only Adobe Account. So far, so good.

At first I was a bit surprised, as it stated Dec 27th as activation date (as my current subscription ends on Jan 8th), but it was activated so I was happy.

Then I re-loaded the page on Adobe which shows the current subscriptions, and it was only showing the monthly billed one via Apple.

I then contacted the german Adobe Chat support and this person said it might take a few hours until it shows up in my account. Weird but okay. This person immediately closed by support case. And I waited, for more than a week now.

However, this new paid and activated subscription is still not visible in my account, only the Apple sub is visible, which only runs until tonight (would be renewed and billed on Jan 8th).

So, what to do now? I have about 300 GB in my Adobe Cloud, Pictures from the past 15 years, I sincerely don't want to loose access to them 😞

I also tried to enter the amazon coupon code again, to convert it to a serial number (as I did not screenshot it or write it down as the process was so smooth, I thought everything will work.. as its adobe non the less!), but it said my coupon code has already been used. Well, yeah, but its not functioning ?!

As Amazon Germany support is only available again from Monday 9 am, what can I do TODAY? How can I prevent all my pictures from possibly being deleted, without a valid subscription? Or will I still have access to the cloud, but without the possibility to edit the pictures?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your subscription runs out and you don't extend it, your allowed cloud storage is reduced to 2 GB. If you are over that storage limit, you have 90 days (~3 months) to reduce it. After that, you could lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers.

That said, you should try contacting Adobe Customer Care on Monday again. Something clearly went wrong.

If you have the money to spend, consider purchasing an external HDD - like a WD My Passport - and store your pictures there, just to be safe. It's always good to have a physical backup of your important files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thatsmauri  gave some good advice about keeping a backup.

Please see Schofield's Second Law:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/follow-schofields-three-laws-of-computing-and-avoid-disasters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to conclude this - upon contacting Adobe support via chat again the lady checked the case, claimed my amazon code has not been used so far... I tried the same code and it suddenly worked. well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines