• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the 10-year subscription offer genuine?

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I phoned to get support about price increases on my plan. I was transferred multiple times (initially to a phone number for Europe support even though I'm in Australia) and it took a while until I was able to speak to a real person. When I got through I was on line with Microsoft support and was being sold a Creative Cloud subscription for A$699 for 10 years (there was also a 5-year plan for A$499). I had to pay immediately and give them control of my computer. I didn't press go on payment, but they would likely have seen my credit card info when I typed it in as they had access to my screen. I pulled the plug as the invoice in the payment gateway didn't say Adobe on it. Anyone know if this is a legit offer or a scam? Thanks!!

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have been seriously scammed.

1. Adobe don't sell multi-year plans. But a one year plan is over $800. That price is certainly too good to be true.

2. Adobe and Microsoft don't share support, don't transfer between each other and don't sell each other's stuff.

3. Adobe don't need to have control of your computer to sell you stuff.

So you have a very serious problem, of which losing $699 on this could have been the least of it.

Cancel your credit card IMMEDIATELY. 

Disconnect your computer from the internet and have it professionally cleaned or all systems rebuilt. They will have left something on your computer to keep control and see what you type and steal passwords and money. Don't say "it's fine, I ran an antivirus".

Assume ALL your passwords are compromised, including your online banking. Contact all banks and tell them.

Change passwords for all services using a different computer.

Now, how did this happen... let's go back to the start. How did you get the phone number in the first place? I'm guessing you googled for it. It;s in the news at the moment that Google are doing nothing about scammers, and most of the time the first things you get in Google are criminals pretending to be someone else, or trying to sell something stolen or dangerous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines