• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an option to allow more than three devices to access an Adobe account at the same time?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if plans have the option to add more devices? Like if we want to allow more than three devices to use the account at a time can you upgrade and pay more to allow for more than three people to use it at a time?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an individual license, you are allowed to have two computers at a time activated, but may only use one at a time, and only the license holder, not anybody else, may use it.

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

You may want to consider a Teams subscription.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html?sdid=9WGN411Y&mv=search&ef_id=Cj0KCQiAmaibBh...

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/accounts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a teams or enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to say: the standard subscription allows it to be activated on two computers but FOR ONE PERSON. It is absolutely forbidden for two different people to share one subscription. So three people need three subscriptions, it's simple. However, it's probably better for business if they are Team subscriptions, since the company can manage them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I giggled at "absolutely forbidden" lolol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question- After reading this, I went and spoke with a chat Rep. I was informed whether its Individual or Teams plan, each license only gets you 2 devices "logged in" at a time. So if you want three or four computers to be "logged in" (not using it at the same time- just not having to sign in the next time you use it), youd have to buy a second license. I asked they pass on the idea of allowing an extra computer being "logged in" for a small additional monthly fee instead of buying a second license. We will see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that info @Della29804115vsay 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked they pass on the idea of allowing an extra computer being "logged in" for a small additional monthly fee instead of buying a second license.

By @Della29804115vsay

This is commonly requested.  I doubt Adobe will change their policy if it hasn't been done by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could change this at anytime.  The fact it hasnt happened by now means absolutely nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ryan.Aubin 

actually the 2 limit predates adobe cc. so, the likelihood of a future change is vanishingly small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using three computers, commonly. The solution is to deconnect one computer, when I sign in in my third. That's no nuisance. I can work only on one computer at a time.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is if your current laptop is on an airplane without wifi and happens to be the device not logged in.  Nasty surprise that I couldn't work on my document on a four hour flight because it required internet access to activate the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nasty surprise that I couldn't work on my document on a four hour flight because it required internet access to activate the license.

By @danielm45356048

I understand the frustration.  Lesson learned: Sign in before going to the airport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not only sign-in, but open all needed adobe apps (and minimize), don't close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One license = one user.  Not multiple users.

Only an octopus could use three devices at the same time. 🙂

Your Adobe license entitles you to install on multiple devices but only two can be activated concurrently.  And only ONE device can be used at a time.  To use a third device, you must log-out of the other.

If you require licenses for multiple users, look at business plans for Teams.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

I see by your screen name that you might be a non-profit with 501c3 tax status.  If so, you could be eligible for a non-profit discount through TechSoup.org.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if I paid for one license in the individual plan then I activated the account on only two devices but I wanted to open adobe photoshop at the same time on the two activated devices (me and my friend ) is that available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mahmoud30206322hmvn 

under no circumstance can you share an individual subscription with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two machines can be signed om for YOU only. Your friend cannot use your license - not even on your computer, by your permission. It is not to be shared with friend, family, students, staff, or colleagues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name... 

Im laughing so hard at your post.  Thanks for sharing - I needed a laugh!  

Question - can friends, family, students, staff or colleagues, hover the mouse cursor over the photoshop icon as long as they don't open the application?  Or can they open the application as long as they dont interact with any of the features? LOL

Thanks again for the giggle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules are: use the product on one computer at the time and don't share your credentials. If however your wife opens Photoshop on your computer, the only one to be able to police this is you. 

The two computer rule is a matter of courtesy. I have multiple computers and I'm switching activation when I have exhausted my 2 activations, which is easy, as I keep the activation on my laptop.

My wife has her own computers with her own applications. If she needs an application she buys it. If I need an application, I buy it. Simple, efficient, good for everyone. We share, when it is allowed to share. I have a familly Office subscription that I took, when my children lost their access to their free school account. I have 5 licences I can share with my family. But Office is a different product. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a scientist: I own a laptop that I use during trips and commuting, a Mac Studio at home where I work sometimes, and a PC at work. I always use one device at a time, but it's annoying to have to log in / log out / log in, etc., so frequently. The incentive that this limitation gives is to tell my university not to pay for Adobe products and to go back to R Studio and other free programmes. This isn't 1994. People own more than 2 devices. Also, households typically have more than just 1 TV set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can activate CC Apps on up to two devices concurrently per plan ID. 

Home/office, desktop/laptop, etc...

If you try to log-in to a third device, you'll need to log-out of one first.

If you try to log-in to another plan (work/personal), you'll need to log-out of the other plan first.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RL35 

you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud on as many (mac and/or win) computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) of your cc subscription programs.

the only (insignificant for internet connected computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers without signing-out. because you can sign out from either (or both) signed-in computers using a 3rd computer, this could not (imo) be easier. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines