• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting "You have reached your activation limit" on desktop

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I am aware of the other posts regarding this topic. I hope I have read them all. The most hopeful said something like "We are working on it".

That said, I wanted to describe what is happening to my account in case there is something in my experience that can be helpful.

1. I have a Desktop  and a Laptop computer, both with Win 10 pro
  2. This is a fairly new occurrence. For me it started about 2 months ago and initially I ignored it.
  3. So far, I have not seen it happen on my laptop
  4. It seems to happen every time I restart the desktop and try using Adobe programs

This is what I am seeing on the notice window (in text).
The mark |cc| is my note. The rest of the text is from the Adobe Window:

==========================================================

This device: (not activated)
|cc| This is the Desktop I am on. I have not changed or logged in weith an alternate Win. Profile in months, so that's not it

CC-Desktop: Last launched 5 months ago

|cc| This is absolutely wrong. The last time I saw this message was 3 days ago. CC-Desktop is the machine I am on currently

CC-LAPTOP: Last launched 2 days ago

|cc| This is likely correct. I am currently using my laptop for music composing, but I have opened Acrobat.

While this is not terrible, it's still annoying and it looks like it has been going on since a recent update. It makes me wonder what else may be wrong.

It's easy enough to switch one device off and turn the other on, but still it is unsettling.

While I am at it, I wanted to bring up that many professional users of Adobe product have often more than 2 devices. With the advent of Pad like devices (like iPad, surface pro, etc.) it is not unusual for a professional like me to use 3 devices at once. If nothing else to keep a program going on one devoice while making changes in another program and maybe using the Pad device as a tablet to draw.

I am not there yet, I may be purchasing a Surface Pro from a friend soon, and having to turn my laptop or desktop on and off depending on where I am doing the work will be annoying.

I think Adobe should think about allowing 3 devices with our subscriptions. Maybe with some restriction like having all 3 being on the same network if used at the same time (to avoid giving a friend a permanent freebie? I am trying to put myself in Adobe shoes) and having the third device "slaved" to an active device. In otehr words, I understand Adobe's fear of piracy, but there must be a way for us to use 3 devices at once in our offices should we have the need to.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a good desktop browser like Chrome or Firefox that accepts cookies and does not contain script blockers.

1. Log-in to your account below.
  2. https://account.adobe.com/plans/
  3. Select Manage Plans and deactivate all unwanted devices.

clipboard_image_0.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'll give it a shot and report back, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to submit feature requests through proper channels where Adobe's engineers will see them.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Technically, you can install Creative Cloud on many different devices at one time.  But you can't use them all at the same time.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Team licenses may be the solution to your second problem - but you'd need to have three different people's team accounts sharing work within a team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines