Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensed Copy of Elements 2.0-

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a copy of Elements 2.0 that is fully licenced- I have the Serial NUmber.

It will not install on my new computer.

What options are available to me? 

Is there a upgrade available with out paying full price?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Just be aware of the differences between a new license and an upgrade. Upgrades extend your existing license. Means a) you always need both v 2.0 and 2022 serial numbers when reinstalling v. 2022, b) you cannot sell or gift either version individually. For example, if you want to give version 2.0 to a family member or friend then you cannot use 2022 since it's tied to the original license - so you still need the v.2 serial number.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Check out this link, there's an option for upgrade when you click on the Buy Now link

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

2022-02-17 15_29_29-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Photoshop Elements 2.0 is old enough that the activation server is one of the ones that has been shut down. If so, you will not be able to install it on any new computer. It is also old enough that there is unlikely to be a discount on purchasing the new version.

Beware of anyone contacting you privately claiming to be from Adobe and saying they can help you resolve this problem. They are most likely to be scammers. See this thread for a fairly comprehensive list of scams they'll try: https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge-discussions/scam-alerts-be-informed-protect-yourself/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, you can get the discounted upgrade price to the current version of Elements from any previous version of Elements, right back to version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<no sarcasm intended> Oh, that's nice. I just remember I had to buy the full version of FM8 when I upgraded from 5.5.6 because it was too many versions back, and thought it might be the policy for all of Adobe's applications. </nsi>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe's upgrade policies vary across their product range.

Creative Suites used to be upgradeable from very early versions. Some people waited 10+ years between upgrades. Then Adobe changed the policy to upgrade from no more than three versions prior (ostensibly to reward loyal customers and frequent upgraders). Lightroom was different again.

That all went by the wayside when the Cloud arrived. Now it's all driven by hardware requirements and operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware of the differences between a new license and an upgrade. Upgrades extend your existing license. Means a) you always need both v 2.0 and 2022 serial numbers when reinstalling v. 2022, b) you cannot sell or gift either version individually. For example, if you want to give version 2.0 to a family member or friend then you cannot use 2022 since it's tied to the original license - so you still need the v.2 serial number.

I would always prefer the full version to a license upgrade. The software is identical but you get a new license.

The price of the full version at authorised resellers is often cheaper than the upgrade price from Adobe. Depends on when you need it and the deals available at the time. So shopping around authorised resellers for a full version before committing to an upgrade price from Adobe is usually worthwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John 

Sound advice!!

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines