• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline mode?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm a paid creative suite user. All apps have not been working for several hours. I get a "We can’t verify your subscription status." when trying to log in.Adobe support has been non existent (their chat support also appears to be offline.. currently on hold for 45 mins). I checked Twitter, and while Adobe's feed hasn't mentioned the issue, I can see that several others are ASKING Adobe about the issue so it appears to be widespred.

First troubleshooting was to turn off my internet connection. However the problem persists. According to documentation, we are supposed to be able to use creative cloud for up to 30 days since our last login. They sometime refer to it as "offline mode" So what gives? Any workarounds? 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Adobe acknowledges a problem with their system: https://status.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an unforgivable fiasco to lose an entire day (so far) because our entire workflow is out of our hands and in those of Adobe's servers. Creative Cloud works great....until there is no Cloud. No phone support (I got a callback after almost 2 hours  and then spent 1.5 hours on hold before giving up) and no online support (chat service is offline). Users are left in the dark. As much money as we pay, and as heavily invested as we are in the Adobe ecosystem, that system should be bulletproof. Unforgivable Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe acknowledges a problem with their system: https://status.adobe.com/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many people are aware, the entire creative suite was down today for users around the world for many many hours.

Aaccording to documentation, we are supposed to be able to use creative cloud for up to 30 days since our last login. In some of their documentaiton it is reffered to as "offline mode".

I would presume that "offline mode" would have allowed us to work, despite any issues with Adobe's servers. I would love any strategies to prevent this in the future.

I think I speak for MANY frustrated professionals.

BTW, I already asked this question once, and a "Adobe Community Professional" quickly "solved" the issue by saying "Adobe acknowledges a problem with their system: " and then locked the thread. I wouldn't call that a solve, so I am starting a fresh thread so we can troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's shocking to me that they don't have a workaround.  We lost several thousand dollars in revenue today and haven't gotten anything but excuses from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing we as product users can do when there's a system-wide failure like a power or server outage. The last time Amazon Web Services had a system-wide failure, my entire business was effected for almost 2 days.  Costly & annoying, yes.  Sometimes s h * t  happens without warning!   Fortunately, it doesn't happen too often. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sometimes s h * t  happens without warning!"

Great, another Adobe Community professional has weighed in. I guess now we can lock this thread and call it solved too 😆

In all seriousness though: if my software can work for 30+ days without connecting to the internet, why should a "system-side" failure affect my ability to use the software? I presume that if my computer hadn't connected to wifi this morning all my CC software would have worked just fine.

If someone on the forum has a solution to keep Adobe software in "offline mode" for most of the time, that would definitely be a more robust solution than "fortunately it doesn't happen too often...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may depend on the type of plan you have, which products you use and to what extent you use online services.  

For what it's worth, I have an Individual Plan (not Team/Enterprise), and was able to access my CC desktop apps today.  Maybe because I did not log-out and shut down my system last night.  But log-ins to online services like Adobe Fonts were down during the outage.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I wasn't able to get anyone on the phone I also reached out for support on the Adobe Facebook page. They told me they were looping me in with an expert. 24 hours later that "expert" finally responded with a link. The link went to... This Adobe Support Community page.

To help support the community, https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ (an excellent product that can replace Premiere in most situations. a LOT can be done with their free version, and a license is just $300 (you will OWN the software at that price, not be on a continual payment cycle)

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/ Great replacement for Photoshop. Currently 50 percent off. You can OWN this software for 24.99

[Sarcasm removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines