• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Over-charged when I had a student plan, refusal to refund

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a preface, I am now aware that apparently Adobe asks you every year to renew your student plan. And when talking to customer support, I am aware that policy indicates they cannot award refunds and instead give credits for future months, the total of which is 3.

Having said that, let me explain my situation. I first suscribed to Adobe CC on May 31, 2016 for the student plan of £15.49. At some point between 2016  and 2019, the  price changed  to £25.28 and then £24.96 which I was completely fine with, just stating this for transparency. Within that span of 3 years, I was never asked to prove my student status, and were not informed of changes in charge amounts. All I did was change my email from my sixth form college to my university's and update the name when I started attending in 2017. Despite not doing anything else, I remained with a student plan until April 2019. However, suddenly, this changed and  I began being charged for a full plan. Again, I received no direct information from Adobe and only found out after checking my bank. I looked into it and was told that this is because for student plans to be renewed, they require annual confirmations. I was told no refunds were allowed to be reissued, but they would correct this. All seemed fine and I even provided a document proving my position as university student. The over charging continued. Again, I tried to contact someone about this in March. They said no refunding was available, but could at least fix the issue. I went through the process again and they confirmed it should resolve the problem. However, the charging continued. I spoke to another employee and instead of changing my plan, he started a new one (?) – Not sure how to describe but it seems a little different than previous times in which I just had to provide validation. He offered 3 months of credit, but if you compare pricing, I lost a total of £324.87, which is 13 months. This is a lot of money, especially for a university student. Since 2016 I have been an art student, first in sixth form college and later university.

I asked the customer service worker whether there was somewhere I could open a claim or pursue this request but he basically said that's the best I will get. I've wasted so much time this last year just trying to fix this, let alone get refunded for it. Any suggestions? I don't know where else to turn. Almost cancelled my account during the time this was happening but it is essential as a photo student. I would be incredibly grateful if I could retrieve it somehow, or even get awarded more credit than just 3 months as I am being charged for an internal error I had no part in, and policies being the way they are really shouldn't be enough reason for this to occur, especially in such large companies where errors like this can occur to many customers.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're paying with a credit card, you can register a dispute with your credit card company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you examine your credit card statements EVERY month to ensure they are accurate?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're still around to read this, you can also try customer support once more and tell them you want to talk to a SUPERVISOR in the BILLING department. If you provided the necessary proof that you are a student and they continued charging you the full price, you should (in my opinion) be refunded and I've read stories here that Adobe does provide refunds. It's possible the CSR just didn't know that.

You can search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar situation, and realize just now that I have been charged full price for many month even though I still have my student status. Do you need to have a lawyer to settle this? How did you manage to get a refund or discount for the rest of the year? I heard their customer service is terrible, but Im  still hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Assia280000385ek8,

Log-in to your account to verify your status and provide proof of student enrollment if requested.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

The USD $20/month student rate is for first 12 months only. 

After 12 months, it increases to $30/month until you cancel or graduate.

The regular price is $60/month.

Black Friday & Cyber Mondays deals are for NEW CUSTOMERS. Read the fine print.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you administer your plan, contact support per above. if your school administrators your plan, contact your admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines