• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Adobe Stop renting software

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have alway owned my software. I don't understand why Adobe is renting their products. I am not a cloud user and don't really want to become one. I don't want no one going into my bank account to collect funds to rent anything.   It seems that Adobe is turning buyer away because of their new pratice with cloud. Well everyone is not a Fans of cloud. Adode should give use choices Rent or own.

Adode I want to own software. Make it where we can do a one time purchase.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription model is here to stay, and it is hardly new to Adobe; they first announced the Creative Cloud in October 2011. Clearly, it is working for them. If it was not a profitable model, they would have change back by now. 

If you don't like subscriptions, there are other companies out there that offer their software under a perpetual license. If you only use Photoshop, then Photoshop Elements is still a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have alway owned my software.

===========

@Katherine230744819e04 ,

No you haven't.  You don't OWN anything.  Adobe owns Adobe-made products. It's always been that way.  Customers have a limited license to use Adobe-owned products with Adobe's permission.  That's it.

If you want to own software, you'll need to create it yourself which could take years.  Or pay a team of experienced programmers & software engineers a half million or more in US dollars to build it for you -- which you probably can't afford. 

The subscription model was adopted to stop piracy and fake copies from appearing on store shelves.  Creative Cloud products install on your computer the same as before.  And you save files to your hard drive the same as before.  Not much has changed except how you pay for it -- annually or month-to-month, your choice.

Most software companies are using the subscription model.  Apple, Microsoft, Quicken and others are charging a fee for service.  It's no different than how you pay for your cell phone, Internet and household utilities.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines