• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE don't fall for ADOBE's scam

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO GET MOST OF YOUR MONEY BACK(skip to then end)

context: a month or two a go I wanted to use a ai generated picture for a project that I was working on I, so I went to multiple websites after i searched up FREE ai picture generator I eventualy landed on adobe Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.28.47 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.29.50 PM.png

I saw the 0$/ month free trial clicked on the link and I chose the cheapest option which was 39 bucks a month which they use multiple colors and savings calculators to make you think that compared to the $80 option althogh in fine print it says annual. Anyways i bought my subscription and generated a photo which was pretty terrible(if i could curse i wwould i dont want this post to get removed) and i forgot about adobe untill today when i saw i was randomnly charged 79.99. I checked every email i remembered i had this account and after trying to cancel my subscribtion adobe hits you with a $400+ fee to top it off. I saw the free and jumped out of seat, I mean i never even used the <profanity removed> product i bought that i thought was free. Not only was I charged $79 instead of $40 bucks but I was now stuck for a year , I think you guys and infer how i am feeling writing this(and i never leave bad reviews). AFter doing research i found I wasn't their only victim this user also got scammed and his post had 8k views on this community so i guess this is a common thing for clueless people like me that are now wpaying $600 for something that i never used and wont use.  one thing i thought was funny was how adobe responded trying to cover the fact that their intent was decieve people into signing a year long contract for a useless overpriced service. If you are still reading this 1st there is hope of getting some money back two please make a post like this to prevent this from happening to other clueless people that don't expect a big corp. like adobe to scam them.

HOW TO GET SOME MONEY BACK - call the customer service # and just be nice. I got a superhelpful man named Shayom i think. He not only was able to cancel my subcribtion but he also waived the cancellation fee which he said was $160, unlike the website that said it was $400+. Shayom if you are reading this thank you....although i still stuck with a fat $80 I owe now.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.32.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.32.41 PM.png

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't look so much like fine print as it does italic font with similar font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you cancelled more than 14 days after your subscription started because you forgot about the trial period?

If you cancel within 14 days of the start of your paid subscription, you’ll be fully refunded.

Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this including this including the $80 subscription fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you contact Adobe Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the subscription terms explain early cancellation of an annual commitment results in a penalty = 1/2 the cost of the remaining subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have not been refunded after contacting adobe care and your colleague says I will be full refundeed:"

If you cancel within 14 days of the start of your paid subscription, you’ll be fully refunded." While you kglad say that I will be only refunded 1/2 how does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one here has said anything that necessarily applies to you @AP35739409rsmw.  all the posts here have stated the conditions under which there's a full refund and the conditions under which there's a penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for your help I just chatted with a agent agin and I was refunded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent, and thanks for the follow-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines