• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible Scam Using Adobe Name...Anybody Else Have This Issue?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noticed an automatic withdrawl coming out of my bank account that is listed like this "PP*Adobe Inc 402-935-7733 CA 05/15" in the amount of $16.28. This is a monthly withdrawl and when I look into my Adobe account, I'm not seeing any subscriptions, plans or other expenses that would indicate a monthly charge/withdrawl. I do have a few products from Adobe which do show up in my account however they were one-time purchases and do not indicate any additional fees, subscriptions or charges associated with the products. I'm just curious if anyone else has or is experiencing this issue. My gut tells me this is a scammed charge made to look like it's coming from Adobe.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably does come from Adobe. Unfortunately, if a card details are stolen, one of the most popular ways to use the card is to buy Adobe subscriptions. It's a complicated criminal market; as I understand it, the stolen card is used to buy a subscription, which is then sold cheap to someone looking for "bargain Adobe". After a month or so, the seller disappears, but now they have the card for the person looking for a bargain. Anyway, if you are absolutely sure you didn't buy anything - and nor did a family member etc. who had access to the card - you should report it as stolen and specifically name the Adobe subscription. (If you don't do this, the card issuer will automatically update Adobe's accounts to use the new card, and you are no better off!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...specifically, report the fraudulent use of your card to your card issuer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that I am having the same problem with a double charge to my Adobe account; one of the 10th of the month and the other on the 19th and I only have one suscription. The payment on the 10th does not appear on my Adobe account.  I could not get it resolved through Adobe so I am not attempting to dispute the charges through by PayPal account.  I hope you got your problem resolved also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lois34779667bmyd 

contact your credit card issuer, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did on the recent charge, but I could not find access to the older ones.
I will have to call on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did adobe support say about the double billing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to talk to a virtual agent and she discovered that I was double charged, possibly something to do with having one e-mail on my adobe account and another e-mail with PayPal, so they are refunding the duplicate charges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear, and thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

We appreciate you flagging this. I checkd your account info. There is no active service or transaction associated with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I recently ran into the same issue! I have the photography plab and premiere pro oaid annually and last night it tried to get me for 95$ ughh if someone could help that would be amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@austenkp 

contact adobe support* to make sure there's not some error they can correct.  if they cannot, and you suspect there's been fraudulent use of your credit card, notify your credit card issuer.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same thing but for $29.51. I don't understand how this crap keeps happening...I guess ill.have to shut my card down and get another. Pain in my you know what. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check https://account.adobe.com/plans and do a complaint at your bank.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IrishMommy426 

the only pain is if you have your card on file elsewhere for regular charges.  you have to update those sites (though, they'll let you know if a payment fails to go through).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines