Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing Photshop as a xmas gift

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

So I am wanting to get my partner photoshop as a xmas gift, the problem i am having is In obviously want this to be a surprise for her and so do not have access to her email to set it up throughthat. Idealy i wanted to purchase the software outright, however from what i can see they no longer offer the software for sale which i just think is ridiculous. 

Now if as appears buying her a 12 month subsciption is my only option how would i do as a gift format, and wil the fact that she will be living in two couyntries through out the year cause issues?

Ij terms of software requirements I was only looking for Photoshop and not the entire suite. Also we have existing cloud storage through dropbox so was not required. 

Thanks 

Adam 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hales85, good evening.
If so, the functionality is slightly inferior, but why not give Photoshop Elements2020 as a gift?

If it is amazon, the package version is also sold.

https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Premiere-Elements-2020-Disc/dp/B07WPW7QXK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what ive read that Elements doesnt have the functionality she would be looking for. Video editing is not so much a priority and it would be for photo editing, and specific tasks such as creating stencil layering to photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could look on Amazon for a redemtion code for the Photography plan. That plan includes Photoshop for a year and is the cheapest option you can get. 

Working in different countries is not a problem but redeeming the code should be done for your location as Amazon will sell localized redemtion codes. The Adobe id and the code need to match the country.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What needs to match the location? her laptop and os was purchased in Australia and that is also where she would of set up her email address however we are currently staying in Germany and I would be using my German visa to pay. Regarding langauge english is teh first language for us both, so idealy In wouldnt want the interfaces in a German default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hales85.
The country of purchase must be the Adobe ID of the country where you reside.
Otherwise, the purchased code may be judged invalid and cannot be used.
Creative Cloud supports multiple languages regardless of the country of purchase, so you can rest assured that you can install apps with the interface of the language of your choice, such as English, German, and Japanese etc.

Creative Cloud system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if that country would not be consistent for the year of the subsciption which is likely the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply, hales85.
Still in time for Christmas.
In this case, she has to buy in Australia to set up an email.
If that is impossible, ask her to create an Adobe ID for Germany and activate the invitation code purchased on Amazon in Germany, but I do not recommend it because Australian customer support will be unavailable .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines