• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving files to re edit

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am looking to save files to re edit if I download Adobe again as I am cancelling my subscription. Could anyone tell me the best way to export/save as I haven't used adobe in a long time. Thanks!!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the late response. My Adobe Creative Cloud account. E.g. indesign mainly. I want to cancel my subscription as I haven't used in years. However, I would like to save some files, so that if I did ever redownload that they could be edited but I don't know what type of file to download them as. E.g. not a pdf as I couldn't edit that again.

Many thanks,

Sharon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save files from where...?  The cloud?  Your hard drive? 

Please give more details about the files and apps or services you're using. 

Fellow product users have no way of knowing.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the late response. My Adobe Creative Cloud account. E.g. indesign mainly. I want to cancel my subscription as I haven't used in years. However, I would like to save some files, so that if I did ever redownload that they could be edited but I don't know what type of file to download them as. E.g. not a pdf as I couldn't edit that again.

Many thanks,

Sharon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save Photoshop or Illustrator work in a format you can edit in other apps. But to edit InDesign documents you will need to get an InDesign subscription again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your reply. What format is best to save them in? Both indesign and the other ones to redit? I have no clue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop: TIFF is a good choice, it may even keep your layers. JPEG or GIF are bad choices.

Illustrator: vector art is complicated. Maybe ask in the Illustrator forum directly. 

InDesign: save a PDF so people can read it, but you must keep an INDD if you want to one day edit it again in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines