• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scammers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a bunch of scammers adobe. I have been trying to cancel my trial for days now. You keep trying to charge me daily and use it as an excuse to block me from even accessing the cancel the subscription button because of "payment issue". 

When I try to talk to your customer support, your staff gives me unrelated links and closes the chat to my face. I never thought a massive company like Adobe would resort to tactics like this but here we are. 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already mentioned in my post that I have talked with multiple agents. Even the help here does not read the actual post and gives a copy-paste answer.

I managed to get a promise of a result after god knows how many agents. I shouldn't have to go through 10 agents to do something as simple as getting my trial cancelled. There should just be a cancel trial button like every trustworthy company has on their website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i read your post. the answer's the same as i gave, and you followed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your advice? You only tried to teach me how to contact an Agent, something I did multiple times already, and clearly stated that. So yes, I find it hard to believe that you read past the first sentence.

My problem got solved because I kept trying different Agents and one of them decided to be helpful. I know I sound like a Karen right now, but this is what it took to get a result. Trying to be nice got me nowhere. I wasted my Saturday night on a pointless "chase the Agents until one of them helps." for something that should not even require their help. Taking away the manage plans option is scummy.

Anyways, no use arguing here. My trial got canceled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly.

for others,  "I kept trying different Agents and one of them decided to be helpful."  is a common occurrence.  ie, it's not unusual to require several contacts whether that's because of users explaining things differently/having a different attitude, or getting an agent with a different attitude, it's well known among adobe experts that different contacts can offer different outcomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an interesting way of saying "We do not train our Agents to actually help out our customers. We make the entire process as annoying as possible to wear them down so they stop trying to cancel their sub and keep giving us money. We will only do something if they start threatening us". Even the Agent who finally cancelled my trial only did so after I rejected all his discount offers.

I got my first response after I said: "Do not close the conversation after giving me an unrelated link, you scammers." to an Agent. Before that, I would say cancel my trial, please. They would say: "Here is a link. If your problem is still happening after 2 hours, contact us again", and they would end the conversation. Some of my talks literally lasted seconds. End my trial please, copy-paste answer and the Agent is gone. Imagine treating your customers like this and having the nerve to shift the blame to them when they run out of patience.

This company won't get a penny from me, and if any friend asks for my opinion, my answer will be "Stay away from that company. They stoop to low-level tactics like not giving you a button to cancel your sub and forcing you to talk to "Agents" for hours for what should be a basic button."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

We're sorry for the experience. Adobe account services get suspended after 30 days of missed payment.  Fix a failed or missed payment
As you've mentioned that you already spoke with our support team. Do you have any case reference number for us to check the case details.

We'll make sure the issue gets addressed properly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Shivangi

P.S. Do not share any personal/private/confidential info(like bank details, email ID, phone number etc) here. This is a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also for others, if you get disconnected you can continue the conversation by updating your ticket, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines