• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sitemap to Adobe Portfolio [SEO]

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Adobe Portfolio site with multiple pages. I also created Google ads, analytics and Google search console. I want my website to be on Google. How do I insert a sitemap into my Adobe Porfolio website?

[Edited by moderator.]

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020
  1. You don't.  Portfolio is hosted on Adobe's servers.  There is no way for users to upload an XML site map to the server.  
  2. It's a myth that you need a site map.  You don't need one at all.
  3. Your site's landing page should contain links to all your other pages.  That's what search engines use to crawl and index your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You don't.  Portfolio is hosted on Adobe's servers.  There is no way for users to upload an XML site map to the server.  
  2. It's a myth that you need a site map.  You don't need one at all.
  3. Your site's landing page should contain links to all your other pages.  That's what search engines use to crawl and index your site.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I get my website on Google?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same way everyone gets on Google.

1. Use relevant keyword-rich content on all your site pages.
  2. Log-in to Google Search Console, navigate to Crawl Fetch as Google and submit the URL you would like indexed. Click the Fetch button.  After Google finds the URL, click Submit to Index.
  3. Submit URL to Twitter and other social media channels.
  4. Purchase Google Keyword Ads.
  5. Wait patiently while Google indexes and ranks your website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy_OShea

Hi Nancy 

Could I pick your brain re the SEO on my folio site. I've done the following:

1. Use relevant keyword-rich content on all your site pages. - Done
  2. Log-in to Google Search Console, navigate to Crawl Fetch as Google and submit the URL you would like indexed. Click the Fetch button.  After Google finds the URL, click Submit to Index. - Submitted and verified by google yesterday, although there doesn't appear to be a 'crawl fetch' section now??
  3. Submit URL to Twitter and other social media channels. - do you just mean add link to my bios? if so, that's done
  4. Purchase Google Keyword Ads. - How do you do this?
  5. Wait patiently while Google indexes and ranks your website. - How long is this wait?

Some background on my site, it's been done in adobe portfolio, google verified on console yesterday. If you have any other tips to improve my ranking on google would be much appreciated. It's not even listed at the top when you search my name!

Lastly, in the google summary the blurb just seems to list the sections in my site rather than the summary i submitted about myself (Freelance graphic designer. London etc etc )

thanks in advance

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think aiming for the top is a bit ambitious if you are just starting out. Aiming for being in the top 100 might be more realistic, but maybe the top million; realise just how many people are out there doing this, unless you are trying to sell something unique to your exact neighbourood. You are competing with many people all playing the same game, many of them doing this full time for years. I suggest you study everything you can find, and believe nobody who promised to tell you the trick. Google keep changing the rules precisely to stop gamers winning. If someone wants to charge you for the knowledge be doubly suspicious; if they had the magic solution, they would be using it to make money, not teaching it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, indeed! 

Well I reaslise the top spot is probably out of my reach. Just looking for helpful tips along the journey

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to your private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the risk of repeating myself...

Google Console has changed. And Google does what Google does. 

Be patient.  It takes weeks or months for Google, Bing and other SEs to fully index and rank new sites.  SEs tend to give higher page rankings to well-established sites that have a) unique & relevant content and b) good backlinks from other reputable sites.  Look at what your competition is doing. 

As a web developer, I tell my clients to advertise on Google & Bing for at least 6 months while their new site develops traction.  But most businesses continue buying click-through ads forever because it helps generate new traffic. 

https://ads.google.com/home/

https://ads.microsoft.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines